Chapter 23

Attendant Deals with some Uninvited Guests

"Now, what shall I do........?" Sofia muttered to herself while getting out from her futon.

Sofia had replaced Rachel inside the dungeon, so of course she didn't hesitate to use her Lady's bed the previous night. Although it was just a simple, temporary bed, it was designed and manufactured to satisfy the daughter of a Duke.

The spread out sleeping mat was made from luxury down that naturally released moisture such as the sweat from when you sleep.

There was also a canopy and silk curtains put up in consideration of her privacy, and the mat was spread out widely along the floor to make it easy to use and useful overall in a place like a dungeon where moisture can easily accumulate on the floor. To be clear, Sofia and the other maids usually sleep in their own high quality, fully furnished personal rooms, yet this bed still offered a more high quality level of sleep.

In other words, what else can be said besides,

It had been eleven years since she had come into Rachel's service.

This was the first time Sofia had ever overslept.

Teehee, is what she would have said, but..........this, felt a little stupid coming out of her mouth like this.

Well there's nothing for it now, and it's not like there was any problem with it since her job right now was to pretend to be Rachel and act sluggishly anyways.

Rachel had brought in a lot of books with her, and both the tea leaves and the cookies had been recently refilled. It would be a two day vacation with her only having to watch out for the rare visitor.........carrying an expectation that something would happen.

That's how it was supposed to be.

And then while she was oversleeping and enjoying her rest, that was when Prince Elliott and company stopped by.

Rather than waking up after Prince Elliott's group came, it would be better to say they kept making noise until she woke up..............and Sofia was at a loss.

(It's fine since she had lowered the curtain on her bed just in case........but it was a blunder for her to have removed her makeup before going to sleep........)

The silhouette between Rachel and Sofia is quite similar, but the difference in their faces would be clear to see under the light of day.

So Sofia developed 'natural makeup that makes you look like Her Ladyship'.........but that technique is worthless if they show up before she's put any makeup on.

Because they cannot see her face directly, it is necessary to get a handle on the situation without her leaving her bed.

The silhouette can only be seen as a hazy outline through the curtains.

"What's this Rachel, your attitude is so bad today you won't even show yourself?"

That's your fault dimwitted Prince. Dimwit.

Sofia was in a bad mood, but there were things that had to be done before hurling abuse at the Prince.

She had to get in control of this situation.

If things were made to seem different than usual, then she would lose meaning in being a shadow warrior.

"It's a big deal breaking into a maiden's bedroom and making such comments. How would you like to try going bald?"

Sofia was attached to her Lady day and night. The manner in which she talks has been perfectly copied.

All the nuance behind her malice and ridicule, Sofia spoke, but it was Rachel's voice that came out. Yes, perfection.