Chapter 17

Noblewoman Meets the Young Lady

In a place such as this, the prison guard had already gotten used to visitors making their way here.........but the hair color today was different from usual, he thought to himself.

A pretty girl with long red hair done up in twin tails, that was who came down to the dungeon for a visit today.

Until now it had always been a Prince or some young noble man who has been the source of the pitter-patter that came from someone walking down those steps; this was the first time it had turned out to be a young girl.

..........although when you put it like that, this might not seem that unusual............

"Miss, uninvited people aren't allowed down here......"

Although people break in here anyway........was what the girl inside the prison cell would have assuredly thought if she had heard what the prison guard had said.

"I already know! Please notify Rachel that Margaret Poisson has come to meet with her!"

"After all please listen......."

"What is it? Now, quickly!"

Young people nowadays really only want to show their chins¹, was what the prison guard thought to himself as he reluctantly made his way down to the dungeon.

The young lady proudly followed close behind.

".......Miss, do you know what 'notify' means?"

"I know? Now, hurry up and guide me to her!"

"Already, just like this........."

When they arrived inside the dungeon, the girl called Margaret immediately ran up to the steel bars.

"Rachel, it's Margaret! Long time no see!"

I have no idea who this girl who starts loudly yelling out some greetings early in the morning is.........., the prison guard was already making excuses as he broke out in a cold sweat.

He didn't know the reason why, but lately the prisoner had been sleeping in until late in the morning. In fact she was still in bed now. Now here she was being roused out of bed.......

Although their acquaintanceship has been short, he was fully aware that that outrageous woman hated being disturbed (Although because she had always initiated all of their conversations, there were no examples of her being disturbed that came to mind). What happens if you force this my-pace woman to wake up.........

The prison guard took his distance from the iron cell in the face of the unknown.

Despite the prison guard's fears, Rachel woke up relatively calmly.

"Umu?"

She pulled her head out of its place deep underneath her duvet, and clumsily rubbed her eyes. When the upper half of her body rose out of bed, she saw the girl who was calling out to her.

"Rachel! It's me, Margaret!"

"?"

It took a while for the words she was saying to make it through Rachel's early-morning dopey demeanor, but eventually Rachel's eyes were able to come into focus and she got out of bed.

"Mou, have you finally woken up!? You're such a sleepyhead!"

The redheaded woman was at full tension as she continued to shout while clinging to the cell bars, and Rachel gradually made her way over.

Watching on, the prison guard thought to himself, "Ah, is she a friend or something?" as he thought that that might be why she wasn't criticizing the young girl for waking her up.