Chapter 14

The Prince Brandishes a Discussion

"I come to see you for the first time in several days and find you in this state............oi, Rachel. What is all this!?"

With the already commonplace scene of Prince Elliott roaring, Rachel flipped up her eye mask and peeked over at him.

"Nnn, Your Highness........coming into a woman's bedroom and wildly shouting, where were you raised?"

"I am the Prince of this country, and unlike some backwater regent my birthplace is well known! And you keep arguing how this is your bedroom, but if that is so then where is your living room!?"

"Well then please renovate the prison into a two room structure."

While the Prince was arguing with Rachel, George poked his shoulder.

"Your Highness, the discussion has shifted."

"That's.........Rachel, what I want to hear is not that! Where did all this stuff inside the prison come from!"

"Eh........weren't you here before? What's so strange about it now? I, nnn, I'm really sleepy."

"It's not the same now! You, you've been opening your cell and coming in and out!"

"I haven't left though."

While saying she was sleepy once again, she pulled her eye mask back on and pulled her comforter back up to her neck.

Inside the prison a number of wooden crates had been thrown together in a large pile creating quite a mess, but the pile was rearranged now and re-stacked looking like how it was when she first moved in. It was good. Most likely Rachel had used up some of her free time and cleaned up a bit.

But.

"You, haven't you been sleeping on your cushion until now!? So then where did this canopy bed come from!?"

"Nnn..........it's been here since before."

"Well then what about the reclining sofa with a brushed carpet and ottoman!? The charcoal stove that can be used to boil!? And above all, what about the writing desk over by the window that looks like it wouldn't be able to fit through the cell door in the first place!? How did you bring that all in!?"

"Nnn~..........noisy~...........it was here from the beginning."

"Don't lie!!!"

Feeling very sleepy Rachel rubbed her eyes from overtop her mask, and she pulled a string hanging off of her bed. The room filled with the sound of a pulley moving, and a curtain fell down on the inside of the iron bars.

On the sheet was a short message written on notebook paper.

《Outside Business Hours》

"...................................Eeeeeeeeeh................................."

There were nearly ten men gathered in Elliott's office.

They were all the sons of high nobles like Sykes and George, and while they did serve Elliott they also served as the elite guards for Margaret. While Elliott can be usually seen talking to Sykes and George, these other men gathered here also converse with the Prince on a nearly daily basis. All of these men were gathered in here today whether they had prior business right now or not.

An event where all of these men gather together was rare, especially since the noise from a ball wasn't accompanying it.

Sitting at the head of the table, Elliott spoke while looking like he had just swallowed a bug in front of everyone.