Chapter 28

Younger Brother Hears a Fact He had Forgotten From His Sister

The cool light of the sun shining down signaled it was time to wrap up the afternoon's grand merriment. Inside Rachel's dungeon the iron bars were sandwiched between a pair of desks.

Today was the first time in a while that Alexandra had any free time, so she came over to the dungeon to visit Rachel. The girls hadn't seen each other since they crushed George together, so Rachel met her friend with an open smile.

"So? Will George prove himself useful?"

Having fun shaking her cup slightly to take in the scent of the tea, Rachel laughed softly.

"Fufu, I'd be troubled if he doesn't."

Alexandra arced her brow as the corners of her mouth lifted up.

"That boy always looks so smug in his reporting yet he always trips up in the end, is there any work you'd entrust to him? Don't sign any documents until you've signed them."

"Yes, I understand what you mean. He is so self-important every time he brings me his work, yet there is always something he overlooked..........well, that part of him is cute."

"Ahaha, you can say that again."

The two laughed together about the topic of their fiancee/younger brother respectively before both calling out to a young boy standing next beside Alexandra.

"By the way George, these tea leaves were steamed too long this time. Shouldn't you have pulled them out a full minute earlier? Did you read my explanation properly?"

"The way you made mine was equally as coarse, you wouldn't serve this to a customer would you? If you can't even make a proper cup of tea, you can kiss any hope you have of becoming a diplomat away."

".............sorry."

Today's tea party consisted of just two girls. And one server.

If you're going to talk bad about someone behind their back, you should do it right in front of them, was the policy these two girls lived by.

While George was requesting that somebody replace him, Alexandra remembered there was something she needed to tell Rachel.

"Speaking of which Rachel, the other day I heard something from George........"

"What?"

Rachel tilted her head slightly to the side as her future sister-in-law shrugged her shoulders.

"That guy, apparently he couldn't tell the difference between you and me when he was young."

"...........seriously?"

Her eyes opening wide in surprise, Rachel looked over and stared at her brother's face.

George began squirming in discomfort as his sister was brought in to a topic he really didn't want touched.

He really didn't want to make his sister angry over that matter, so he tried drowning out her gaze by focusing on making the tea........but when he went to replace the tea he had made, Rachel's stare had only intensified.

George was beaten down by her persistence and reluctantly nodded.

"...........that's right."

"Really? Why?"

"...........because, I wasn't as well put together when I was small..........and the two of you were so similar, doing similar things.........."

"Now George, Alexandra has blonde hair while I have dark brown."