Chapter 11

Noblewoman Snipes Dinner

Prince Elliott was walking down the corridor when he noticed a young man leaving through the woodlands in the backyard towards the inner gate. There were a number of such men traveling in this way, but by chance he noticed that this man's apparel wasn't something a courtier would be wearing.

"Oi, isn't that strange over there? I can't see him being a servant of the royal palace."

Sykes glanced over at the man after the Prince said something.

"That is........it appears to be a staff member from the cafeteria downtown."

"Why would such a person be inside the castle?"

Sykes's murmurs brought out a surprised voice from George and made Elliott want to laugh at Sykes's strange opinion, but there was 'something' that prevented him from doing so.

"What.......? What is, something strange..........Uoh!?"

With a little thought, that 'something' about the man struck Elliott, and he began running.

"Go to the dungeon!"

"Eh? What's going on Your Highness!"

Shouted after by the two men hurriedly following after him, Elliott pointed towards the iron door that had come in view.

"Think about the direction that the man came from! Rachel is absolutely involved in this!"

"Ah!"

The three men were breathless after running all the way to the dungeon, and what they saw before them........

"........Even if you stare, I'm not giving you any?"

Having just clapped her hands and done her prayer before a meal, there was Rachel with a knife and fork in hand and a piping hot meal with steam rising off it in front of her.

There were a number of elaborate dishes before her that obviously couldn't have been made inside a dungeon. They all looked freshly made, and the room was filled with a delicious fragrance.

"Y, you.......what is this!?"

While the Prince was raising a hellish cry, Rachel was looking down at her table.

"Nothing really..........Your Highness, have you never tried this before? It's kidney pie, herb baked pigeon, and pumpkin potage with mint jelly. It is a very ordinary lunch."

"I'm not asking about your menu! You, why do you have a meal from outside!?"

Rachel had begun eating without worrying about what the Prince was saying, and after gulping down the last bit of pigeon meat, she opened her mouth.

"Is there a problem?"

"Of course there's a problem! I made an order that you weren't to be fed while you're in here!"

"Ah, was that when Sykes had grabbed your waist and was pushing your butt up the stairs?"

"Gu.........."

Wiping her mouth with a napkin, Rachel lightly tilted her glass and drank her wine.

"Surely, you definitely said that I should be starved and nobody was to give me any meals."

"That's right!"

"But, doesn't that not apply to this time?"

"...............Eh?"

Rachel picked up her knife, and she began cutting out a slice from her crispy kidney pie.

"You certainly said that nobody was to feed the prisoner, but you never said I couldn't order food myself."