Chapter 29

Noblewoman Holds a Session Underground

"Is there something or isn't there!?"

Today as always Prince Elliott's anger refused to die down.

His former fiancee had tentatively taken over the dungeon, and she has been performing insane deeds inside ever since. The Prince decided that something had to be done about this, and his mind hasn't been able to calm itself ever since.

..........Originally all he had wanted was for that noblewoman to beg for her life, but in time he started to think, "It's only of that level." His goal continued to move back........and eventually, he started pretending to not notice things and ignoring anything he deemed to only be an inconvenience.

Living for the moment. That was Elliott.

But then the other day, the Duke's son George Ferguson, a staff officer in Elliott's entourage, submitted his withdrawal saying the reason was because it just couldn't be helped.

His fiancee had returned home from her inspection tour and started beating his ass, forcing him to focus on his successor education. Day after day, morning til night, his bride-to-be drilled that successor education into his head.

Seeing his completely worn-out figure, Elliott and the rest couldn't hold back their tears.

That was how it was.......but, however.

That fiancee is a longtime friend of Rachel Ferguson, and there were suspicions that she may have been hired as an assassin to deal with George. Using your friend who your target can't lift his head up to, that woman is using a really dirty trick!

For the sake of world peace and his future with Margaret, Elliott's drive to leave Rachel speechless had been renewed.

Although he says that.

He always makes the first move, and he has never come out ahead. During a meeting held with his closest associates, no good ideas ever came out, and any idea they did have had already been beaten by Rachel long ago.

As each man groaned out their confirmations, Margaret came by and poured them some tea.

"Everyone, here you go~"

"Ah, thanks!"

The men swarmed around 'their angel' as she poured them their tea before Margaret picked up the paper marking down the meeting's proceedings.

"Elliott, have you come up with some good ideas?"

"Ah, nobody suggested anything even remotely like that.......no matter what hand we play, she'll always counter it......."

The Prince was accepting his defeat before even trying.

Margaret glanced through the attack plans and list of opponents, drawing a line between the two.

"Elliott. Even if you don't try anything new, what if you were to take something Rachel had done, improve it, and sent it back at her? That is the limit of Rachel's imagination right? So if you were to improve it and send it back, wouldn't there be nothing she could do?"

With Margaret's simple suggestion, Elliott hit his hand.

"That's it!"

The Prince, he is quite slow on the uptake.

And so while revealing a rather unfortunate trait as a future policy maker, Elliott and his cronies began happily discussing their plans.

Having lazily wasted another day away, Rachel gradually began making her bed in preparation to go to sleep.

"Hmm."