*Better*

"You're going to wake her up." Wife wouldn't leave Evalyn's room. We had been home for almost an hour and she was still just watching her sleep. Yeah it was the cutest ever. But I was tired. I wanted to go to bed. A bed I was going to be sharing with Lily for two nights.

"Alright." She crept out of the room and followed me up to my room. " Please tell you have a bathroom in there." Like it just dawned on her that I might not. Her face was adorable. I showed her and she went in. I heard the shower cut on and I realized she was naked in my shower. The urge to know what she looked like was sudden.

I thought that this was just about getting back at Melaine. But I realized at that moment that I wanted Lily. Not just to get back at Melanie. I wanted to spend time with her, hold her, kiss her. The shower cut off and I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for her to come out. She took her sweet time. She had on a big tee shirt and pajama pants, all black.

"Do you have a side you sleep on?" She was brushing her hair, it was so long I just wanted to twist my fingers up in it.

"Not really, just dive in. I'll be in in a minute." I showered as quickly as I could and found her on her side looking at her phone. I turned off the lights and climbed into bed. She sat her phone down and we laid silently for a moment.

"Can I ask a question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to." She almost whispered.

"Of course." She was laying on her back now. I turned to face her.

"Were you serious when you said that maybe we could be real?" Her voice was soft and low. This was supposed to be about getting back at Melanie, but now I wasn't sure. I really enjoyed my time with Lily. I enjoyed kissing her and touching her, being with her. I didn't want to stop.

"Yes." I tried to pull her close but she moved away.

"Why? Giles I already told you I can't be a rebound. And I don't understand what you think a relationship between us looks like. We've been playing house, the real thing is different." She turned her back to me, I could tell from her voice becoming muffled. She also sounded like she was about to cry. I moved closer to her.

"You gave me more of a relationship in a week than Melanie did in three years." I slid my hand around her waist and pulled her into me. She let me pull her close but she didn't move into me like she has every other night we have slept in the same bed. She takes my hand and squeezes it.Then slowly moves it away from her waist, leaving it on her hip.

"I want nothing more than to belong to you. I don't think you want me though, I think you want the Idea of me. The idea of what this past week has been. I don't blame. It's been amazing." She turned to me then, sad eyes. "Thank you, Giles. Sweet dreams." She tucked back down and was silent until she went to sleep. Was it really just something I had got caught up in?

I wasn't exactly being the cleanest guy at the moment. Maybe I was getting mixed up. No, there was no denying the way it felt with my lips on her skin. I never felt that ever with my dick inside Melanie. I never left like my blood was on fire. Not ever with the few drunken flings on the times Melanie and I were on a "break". Sucking her soft skin inside my mouth lit me up like a Christmas tree.

I'd just have to make her see that this wasn't anything other than me wanting her. In her sleep she didn't fight me, she slid into me and I relaxed into sleep. I dreamed about being alone on the Ferris Wheel with Lily and going around for hours. Until Melanie was in every other bucket with her phone taking pictures. I woke up in a panic.

It was still dark outside. The security light in the back yard cast a faint glow through my curtains.I looked over at Lily. I was on my back and she was laying over my side, her leg in between mine. Her neck was resting on my shoulder, my arm around her. We had snuggled further into each other in our sleep. How could she not believe this? Melaine was all knees and elbows in her sleep. I started to gently tug at the ends of a piece of her hair. She stirred slightly. Then she did something unexpected. She arched against my side, her breast squished against me.