*FUSSING*

"Who is going to take a solo to competition this year?"  Mrs Darcy dropped an overly full arm load of sheet music on her piano. Everyone was scrambling to get their music but I already knew what my piece was. I was one of my best friends solo from the pervious year. Lass from the Low Countree by John Jacob Niles. It was a beautiful song that wasn't all jolly and sunshine.  Perfection. 

    We had just gotten our sheet music for our large choir, small choir, picked groups and duets, lastly solos.  I was already sitting on the top row of the Choir risers. It now had a board on the back lip because of me. My choir teachers first  year here, I scooted off the back of the risers. Jacked my hip up. Had to have an ambulance come get me from school.....so...just....uhhhh 

    Anyway I'm fine,I have arthritis because of it now.  But it's cool I mean I'm the oldest one in my class so seams fitting. Anyway. The choir building and band building connect with a hallway with big glass windows and two doors.. Most of the time the doors are open, usually locked during "serious" lesson time. Most everyone is still rifling through music with a deep voice makes me yell.  And not a cute little scream either. Like a deep from your gut primal, I.... will..... Gut! You scream. 

    "Jesus Lily I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Johnny had his hands in the air and genuinely looked confused and remorseful. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to come over for dinner and a movie tonight. If you don't already have plans..  We miss you." He did his best pouty face. Oddly, Giles hadn't said anything about weekend plans. He had been doing long night and early mornings all week for football. He probley wanted to sleep and rest. 

    "Sure! I'll bring a dessert and drinks ok. Just let me know what time." Beth and Anna both stared at me like they were in awe of me.  "What, is wrong?" Beth pinched my cheek. I slapped her hand away. 

    "Who are you and what have you done with Lily.  She would never have the two hottest guys in town chasing after that ass. She is too shy for that." I wasn't sure what to say. Johnny and I were clearly just friends. It didn't work, we tried. It was his choice. But we have a good connection as friends. I agreed with them on the Giles thing though.

    "Johnny and I are friends and his little sister loves me .  I love her too, Its just easy." I tried to just shake it off. "Giles and I are working on a school project. If it needs to be known as anything else I will let you know. I promise." The bell rang and I got my stuff and went for the door. I was ready to go home and take a bath. Giles was on the other side of the door when it opened up.  I didn't expect that. 

    I honestly thought he would be at practice longer tonight that the rest of the week.  But he looked fresh and smelled amazing. I felt it in my knees when I breathed him in. He dipped his hand behind my head and lean down for a kiss. Whatever I had previous said about our relationship was now a total lie. Strongly sealed when his large hand clamped down on an ass cheek.  I got so many death stares 

    "Let's go home. I know for a fact Mom and Evelyn are out for at least two more hours. " He leaned down to my ear and nipped  the lobe before whispering "Plenty of time to make you come." I had to cough into his chest. I got a text message and it gave me an excuse to separate for him for a moment.  It was from Johnny it say 'dinners at 7, can't wait to see you' to which Giles responded. 

    "You want to explain that to me Lily?" Didn't really feel like I had to but I knew he was jealous. I knew I felt jealous and I wouldn't  want to purposely put him through that.. 

    "Sure. Johnny asked me to come over for dinner with his family tonight. You remember we discussed said dinner last time the three of us were together even. I was not perviously  engaged so I accepted. Hence text message about time of said dinner." I'm sure my wording and tone weren't the best but I was trying at least. He moved us away from other people, back behind the building.