twenty eight

She was very pretty ,she had that kind of beauty to remind you of falling rain with glowing sunshine, her smile was the prettiest sharp and the irises of her eyes where almond, she had deep hollow dimples and sometimes i wished i could lay kisses on 'em and leave them to stay there and swirl around just like a hickey on my neck --i wanted everyone to know i loved you and i belonged to only you.

...but slowly time began to change, things began to happen and words where emitted without permission. I knew you loved me when you said you hated me .

I knew you wanted to hold my hand when you'd touch our knees together underneath the desk because you where too afraid people might know.

I loved you and i don't know if i still do ,lately I've been admiring some one new but still some how her smile and the way she blinks at me reminds me of you ..its been three years ,i know its insane but i fall too deep in love and most times its hard to get out .

Your favourite song was Billie Ocean -love really hurts without you .You'd sing it in the shower and you always said i should stay awake just so i could listen to you when really you just wanted to see me lie on your bed and not fall asleep without you.

You where scared of being alone ,that's what you said to me when you told me you didn't love me .They where loads of nights when you'd run into the room and squeeze me in a tight hug ,so tight i complained of not being able to breath .You'd put your arms around my waist as we both stood in front of the huge mirror ,you'd rest your chin at the crook of my neck and how badly i need that glimpse again.

So you where afraid and terrified of what you had become ,you called yourself a "filthy lesbian" for no reason and not talk to me for weeks ,although i longed to hear your voice ,i never pushed you to reveal your personal issues with me ..i was satisfied with just looking at you everyday and i respected your privacy ,you felt like glass on my weak arms and i didn't want to stumble or my clumsy self might break you and I'd loose you forever.

So you got worse and you got your self a boyfriend ..it hurt, the burning sensation that crawled up to my chest was almost hard to bear ,you'd lock hands together and he'd walk you to class late ,you'd stare up at my eyes as though asking for consent but i knew really you where confused and didn't want to face the damn truth.

I recall the last night you held me close ,you where in tears and you said this wouldn't last long so what was the point of doing it anyway ?--

I felt disappointed at that indication and told you what point is there thinking of the end when you could just enjoy the moment till the end ?--its the feeling that counts ,not the time .

You giggled as i touched your cream skin till you fell asleep.

I don't know why i still remember you but I'm hoping it will fade away soon.

Word count -570

__________

Her name was Folami .