Chapter 9

Molly and Kakyoin were really hitting it off, talking about most things between heaven and earth. Every once in awhile Molly made an effort to include Jotaro in their conversation, but as usual he mostly responded with a grunt or a blunt "yes" or "no". Jotaro wasn't a man of many words, but in this moment particularly even less so. You see, he was busy staring down Kakyoin.

Kakyoin's eyes wandered down to Molly's thighs occasionally when she wasn't aware. Jotaro however noticed every slight movement Kakyoin made, but he kept quiet. After all, he was no better. When their idle chatter had gone on for awhile Molly suddenly inquired about the time.

"Jotaro, what time is it?" she asked gently but somewhat concerned.

"It's... 01:26 o'clock" came his reply.

"What, no way!? Jotaro, Kakyoin, we have to hurry up and sleep!" she spoke with a slightly higher pitch to her voice. Jotaro muttered his usual "yare yare daze" and shut off the lights. When Molly was comfortably tucked into her blanket she murmured a "goodnight" to both boys.

Molly woke up to the door sliding shut. She lazily sat up on her futon and noticed that Jotaro's futon was empty. He must have been the one to just exit, as Kakyoin was still fast asleep. She got up and grabbed her uniform that she had neatly folded on the floor. She slid open the door and went straight to the bathroom to get dressed. Once she was done she headed to the kitchen to help Holly before she had to leave for school.

As she walked toward the kitchen she noticed a single spoon lying on the floor. "That's odd" she thought and picked it up. The moment she held it in her grasp waves of uneasiness washed over her. Something felt off. She peeked inside the kitchen, seeing Holly's fainted form on the floor and Avdol kneeling next to her.

"Wha-what happened?" she gasped horrified, and ran to kneel beside Holly. Immediately she started healing her, but with not much progress.

"She has a stand, it's the one doing this to her" Avdol quietly said. Molly looked at him in shock, her own stand was doing this to her? Suddenly a shadow hovered over them, both Molly and Avdol turned to see Jotaro and Joseph stand in the doorway. Jotaro hid behind his hat and Joseph looked grief-stricken. In a fit of emotions he took Jotaro by his collar and pushed him into the cupboard behind them.

Joseph then held a monologue about how this was the one thing he feared and how he knew Holly wouldn't be able to withstand DIO's curse. Jotaro grabbed his hand and pushed it away from himself.

"Tell me how we should deal with this!" Jotaro demanded.

"We need to find DIO and kill him! That's all we can do!" Joseph replied.

They had moved Holly to her room and laid her on her futon. Molly hadn't left her side the entire time, she was still channeling Holly with her stands healing ability. It worked somewhat, as her fever seemed to go down a little bit. While she was focused on nursing Holly, Jotaro had Star Platinum sketch something out of Joseph's spirit photo. Turns out there was a fly lurking in one of the pictures. Avdol recognised it and ran off to the library to get the details on it.

Holly opened her eyes and Molly withdrew her hands, not daring to leave her side. Joseph told Jotaro to go get some water, which he obliged to. Molly helped Holly sit up and Jotaro handed her the glass of water he had brought.

Joseph then proceeded to help Holly with brushing her teeth, combing her hair and washing her face. She also requested Joseph with helping her change her underwear, to which Joseph's face responded with a blush. She then teased him and said it was just a joke.

"Jotaro, what would you like to have for dinner?" Holly asked in her usual tone as she proceeded to get up but was quickly shut down.

"Don't move! Just stay in bed!" Jotaro shouted, which made everyone look at him in surprise.

"I-I'm saying that you shouldn't do anything until your fever goes down. Just shut up and get better soon" he said in his normal tone while pulling his hat down and turning around. Holly laid back down on her futon and spoke.

"You're all so nice to me when I'm sick. Sometimes having a cold isn't so bad" she murmured, and with that she fell unconscious again. Molly took her hands in her own and started healing her once more. Even if it was just a little, she wanted to help in any way she could.

Avdol then returned with the news that he had found what he went looking for. The fly revealed itself to be an Aswan Ue Ue fly, which meant that the group was headed for Egypt. Kakyoin then entered and said he would be coming too, to which Molly quickly added that she too would be coming. Jotaro frowned at first, but he then realised who better to keep her safe than him. And her stand ability would be very useful.

Joseph then quietly spoke to Holly's unconscious form, Kakyoin turned to Avdol and spoke quietly too.

"Ms. Holly is a woman who can calm the hearts of others. People feel at ease when she's nearby. This may sound awkward, but if I were to fall in love, I'd like it to be with someone like her. I feel like I'd have to protect her. I'd want to see her happy, kind smile" he said while glancing at Molly. Truly, she seemed more related to Holly than Jotaro did. Avdol nodded and hummed in response.

"There's no time! We're leaving immediately!" Joseph suddenly burst out. Soon after that the Kujo household was swarming with cars from the Speedwagon foundation. The foundations doctors were to keep and eye on Holly during their excursion, which made Molly feel a little bit better about leaving her.

And with that the Stardust Crusaders were off on their bizarre adventure.