Chapter 20

The air was dry, the sun shone brightly and mercilessly at the crusaders who found themselves in the middle of the desert. They had made their way there in a jeep, now patiently waiting for, well, only Avdol and Joseph knew. Yes, you read that right, Avdol wasn't actually dead, and poor Polnareff was the only one who had been kept in the dark. Suddenly a whirring sound could be heard and all of them looked up to the sky.

"Wh-What's that?" Polnareff squeaked. Joseph chuckled and spoke

"They're here"

"It's a helicopter!" Polnareff exclaimed.

"You don't have to state the obvious, we can see that" Kakyoin added dryly.

"That's a helicopter from the Speedwagon foundation. They're looking for a place to land" Joseph explained. Jotaro raised a brow and spoke

"Don't tell me we're going for a ride in that helicopter" he asked skeptically.

"No. As much as I'd like to, the crew aren't stand users. If we were attacked they'd be at risk" Joseph continued.

"Then why is that helicopter here?" Kakyoin questioned.

"They've brought us a helper" Joseph replied.

"What? A helper?" Polnareff once again exclaimed.

"He has a few personality issues, so it's taken a while to get him here" Joseph chuckled. Avdol questioned Joseph's decision about bringing the helper and Polnareff butted in on the conversation. They all went silent as the helicopter doors swung open. Two men stepped out and Jotaro asked which one was the stand user. Neither one apparently, as the helper was in the backseat of the helicopter.

Polnareff stuck his head in the backseat and was greeted with a dog attacking his hair. Joseph went on to explain that the dog, Iggy was his name, was the stand user that would aid them. Although honestly he seemed more like a pain, if you asked Polnareff at least. They loaded some supplies off the helicopter and into the jeep, the crew shared some intel with the group before their departure.

It seemed they still had 9 more enemy stand users to defeat, in no less than two weeks. Molly sighed, she was already mentally and physically exhausted. But for Holly she would endure. She was about to step in the jeep when she noticed Iggy already sitting in the back seat. He eyed her suspiciously, she smiled sweetly in return and carefully patted the seat.

"I'm going to sit down here, okay?" she said while smiling. Iggy didn't protest, so she carefully sat down as to not disturb or upset him. As soon as she was seated, Iggy leapt into her lap and laid down there, happily chewing on some coffee flavored bubble gum. She giggled and stroked his fur

"You are a good boy after all" she joyfully whispered to him. When Polnareff tried to sit down Iggy did protest, he immediately turned around in Molly's lap and growled at the man. They ended up with Joseph in the drivers seat once again, Jotaro riding shotgun, Molly with Iggy in her lap in the backseat, and the rest in the trunk. Polnareff of course complained about the seating arrangement.

They hadn't been riding for long when Joseph suddenly hit the brakes full force. The helicopter had crashed, the pilot was dead. They stepped out of the car to examine, Iggy however remained napping in the car. The pilot had somehow drowned in the middle of the desert, the other crew member was still alive but seemingly shocked. He asked for water and Joseph obliged, he was moving the canteen toward the man's face when suddenly the man screamed and his head was torn off. Alarmed, the crusaders all jumped back and crouched to the ground.

Joseph, Jotaro and Avdol had jumped behind the car, Molly, Polnareff and Kakyoin had jumped to the opposite side behind a small sand dune.

"Polnareff, attack the canteen" Kakyoin said warily.