Chapter 18

Jotaro was sat on the hotel bed, Molly was lying next to him, still asleep and wrapped in his gakuran. Jotaro was having an inner turmoil, should he send Molly home or have her continue the journey? He couldn't protect her from Dan, and they had no clue what the other enemy Stand abilities were. He decided to keep her with for now, but if she was in imminent danger again he'd send her home.

He had come to terms with his feelings, accepting them for what they were; love. He loved her, or at least so he thought, he had never felt this way before. The Dan incident had made him realise this, he didn't just lust after her, he genuinely cared for her.

He was about to get up when he felt something grabbing his, he turned his head to see Molly now awake and gently pulling on his arm.

"Please, don't leave me alone" she pleaded, her voice but a whisper. Jotaro looked at her smaller form and sat back down on the bed. Jotaro gently dragged a finger along her neck, inspecting the nasty marks Dan had left on her.

"Can you heal these?" he questioned carefully, Molly looked down, sadness apparent in her eyes.

"I can't use my ability on myself, but I regenerate faster than a normal human" she said and smiled weakly, Jotaro hummed in response. She was such a selfless person, putting herself in harm's way even though she couldn't heal herself. Jotaro urged her to lay back on the bed and get some more rest.

"I'll stay with you, so go back to sleep" he said, Molly had forgotten how close he was for a second. Her face dusted pink, she was still covering her bare chest with his gakuran.

"I uh, I'll just put a shirt on first..." she squeaked and got up, heading for the bathroom. She got in and closed the door, seeing her reflection in the mirror. She traced her finger along the bruises Dan had left on her neck and collarbone, she felt disgusted by the nasty little reminders. She wasn't feeling all that tired anymore, so she decided to take a bath. She peeked her head out of the bathroom door

"I'm not that tired anymore, I'll be taking a bath so you can leave if you want. Thanks for staying with me" she said while looking down, cheeks glowing pink once again.

"That's alright, I'll stay" he replied in his usual low tone. She jerked her head up in surprise.

"A-ah, you really don't have to, I-I'm fine" she quietly protested, but it was futile.

"Yare yare, I'm staying" he said and pulled on his hat, no use in arguing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Molly stepped out of the bathroom, now dressed in a simple white t-shirt dress, the collar high enough to cover Dan's parting gifts. Jotaro swore she looked more like an angel every passing second, did this world even deserve her? She slowly walked toward the bed, eyes not daring to look up and face glowing pink. She sat down on her knees in front of Jotaro, looking down at her balled fists.

"I uh, I wanted to tell you that I..." she started but was cut off by a knock on the door, much to Jotaro's dismay.

"Oh, I'll get that" she said quietly and rose to answer the door. It was Kakyoin, he looked relieved to see Molly.

"Thank goodness you're alright" he said and pulled her into a tight embrace. After a while he let go, instead gripping her by the shoulders and looking her straight in the eyes.

"What happened with Dan?" he asked, curiosity and concern mixed in his question. Molly lowered her head in shame, how could she ever tell him? Tears started to form in the corners of her eyes, she quickly blinked them away. Before she could say anything, Jotaro emerged from the room, now standing in the doorway and shooting Kakyoin a look that told him to back off.

Kakyoin took the hint, and gave up on trying to get an answer out of Molly. He gave her a gentle smile and spoke

"If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me". With that he took off. Molly looked at his fading figure for a moment and then turned to face Jotaro.

"Thank you" she said quietly.

"No problem. What did you wanna tell me earlier?". Her face flushed crimson.

"Ah, uh, n-nothing important, haha..." she said while rubbing the back of her neck. She had planned on confessing her feelings for the man, but felt maybe now wasn't a good time after all. 

Next time for sure, she thought.