Chapter 17 - His Heart Remembers

Published: December 01, 2014 5:04
Edited: 12/01/2016 15:22 (IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS!)

Natsu's Pov

"Hi, Lucy!" It was Lisanna. She's smiling at the blonde girl named Lucy, as she approaches her with her usual demeanor.

I don't really know what is happening to me. My heart is beating abnormally fast. And damn, my mind keeps saying that she's familiar. Am I sick or what? Maybe I should get myself a doctor.

"L-Lisanna." She said, and suddenly forced a smile.

There's something really wrong with that smile.

I wonder what it is?

Sting's Pov

"L-Lisanna." Lucy tried her best to smile, while I saw how her fist clench.

"Uh, L-Lucy-san needs to rest! She have a . . . a fever! So, I'll take care of her!" I said, and smiled a smidgen, hoping that it would be a good excuse. "See? She's pale."

"Oh, I see, imbecile." She said as her face darkened. I was insulted, but I cannot do anything but let it pass. She smirked, and then she turned around and went towards Natsu-san.

Shit, she really is a pain in the ass. A real pain.

"Ah! By the way, nice to meet you! Lucy!" Natsu said lastly, and Lucy smiled at him kindly.

After a matter of seconds, I noticed Lucy trembling, and when I looked at her—her eyes filled with tears as she sobbed unstoppably.

"Natsu . . ." She murmured.

"Oh, come on! Lucy-san is a strong fairy, right?" I said, and ruffled her hair. I remember being all cocky the time a saw her—and my "change" of attitude was too much to handle. Still, this is the only thing I could do.

"Thanks." She said and smiled at me. I grinned at her in response.

Silence

"Want to take a walk?" I offered. Seeing her all sad, this is the most likely what I can do. For now, at least.

"Sure, why not?" She said and wiped off her tears.

Lucy's Pov

While we were walking, I saw some people that really have change. What's this? Kinana and Elfman? And this, Evergreen and Laxus.

We both entered a shop that I think Erza often go to—a bakery café, named "Sweet & Tasties," which was precisely obviously sells sweets.

"Why don't we take our break here?" Sting said, "I swear, they got the greatest cakes and most amazing Earl Grey."

"Oh, sure." I said.

"Lucy-san, We're assigned at table 11." He said. All I could do was to say few words. Everything happened to fast like how Natsu kicked me out.

"It really is complicated." I finally said while munching the cake.

"What have you felt when you saw that everything turned around?" I asked, "It's . . . odd you're calm,"

"Well, I thought it's normal. On the day it turned upside-down . . . well, this is what happened."

Flashback

[[STING]]

"Rogue, Where are we?" I asked, and like a flash of a second, I looked around. I'm sitting in a chair. It looked like I just woke up from a nap. But when did I ever sit here?