Part 1

"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped"

- Tony Robbins

When I try to open my eyes, they immediately close again due to the strong sunlight. I'm initially unable to perceive my surroundings, although I'm certain that I'm in my room because I still remember how I managed to throw myself on my bed.

Last night could have been by far the worst night of my life.

Headache, fever, and tiredness caused me to fall asleep at some point without intending to. I can still remember being upset that I can't sleep, I can even remember waking up a few times at night, checking the time, with the disappointment that no more than an hour had passed each time. 

I cautiously try to blink the tiredness away with one eye, the other refuses to open, tears gathering on the edge of my eye, threatening to flow down every second. Judging from the intensity of the sunlight shining through my dark green curtains, I haven't slept for even 5 hours, but I guess I should be glad I got that much sleep in the first place.

Turns out an open-air ice rink was not a good idea, the lack of warm clothing which I had forgotten because I hadn't checked the weather forecast made the cold even more unbearable. Maybe I shouldn't have considered ice skating as my first date with this guy last night. Actually, I should just not have gone at all. I didn't even want to go from the beginning and considered whether I should think of an excuse last-minute. But I didn't want to seem that mean. I didn't even know him and it felt unfair to take away his chance to introduce himself to me.
Anyway, it didn't go well.

It is said that a person's first thought is always the right decision.

I'll keep that in mind for my later decisions.

When my eyes get used to the strong sunlight that shines through the curtains, which I had probably forgotten to close, I look around and notice that I had taken painkillers before going to bed, which in the end helped me to fall asleep. Well, at least that was a good decision.

My arms and legs feel so heavy that I don't even have the strength to turn around and reach for the glass of water standing on my nightstand ready to be gulped down. I don't want to leave my bed, I know I would miss the warmth the moment I set foot on my cold floor, not to mention that my legs wouldn't carry me anyway. I also want to enjoy a lazy day in bed doing absolutely nothing and watching TV. My non-existent appetite and the unwillingness to prepare breakfast make me decide to stay a little more in the comfort of my soft mattress and blankets.

When my eyes almost close again due to the lack of sleep, my cell phone starts to vibrate, the annoying vibration being the only noise in the whole apartment, echoing even louder thanks to the wooden furniture. At first, I just wanted to ignore the call and pretend I haven't heard it, but since the caller seems to be very stubborn, I look at the caller ID to see who that stubborn was.

As I see the name lighting up on my phone I feel like asking this question is just so unnecessary because I don't know anyone who can annoy me at this time of the day - except for one person. Nora.

My best friend since elementary school, but sometimes the biggest pain in the neck in the world. We had experienced the most idiotic and crazy things together in high school, shared too many memories, and laughed way too much together. We laughed so much together that one day she couldn't even breathe anymore and I started to panic. I had to listen to a lecture from our parents that day.