III. Hugo

After two weeks of intense planning, fooling around, drafting the letter for Cabinet, Alexander, Douglas and I finally take a break when it's Alexander's fourth birthday. We celebrated the whole day until it was time for Alexander to open presents. He got books and I just stared at the books, desiring to read it.

"You know, you can read it if you want," Alexander told me and I look at him, a tad bit dumbfounded.

"Huh? Really?"

"Yeah. I got more than enough books already."

I'd laugh.

"Okay."

Alexander then opened a letter, given to him by John. It was from his grandfather. I watch as Alexander reads it with concentration before he just stares at the letter with surprise.

"Alex?" His brother, Antony, asks him as the two-year-old crawls over to his elder brother.

"Yes?" Alexander asked distractedly.

"What's wrong?" Antony asked.

"I... Grandpapa... he..." Alexander stuttered.

"He what, Alex?" His father, Albert, asked him this time.

"Made me the Duke of Cambridge," Alexander whispered.

Alexander looked at me, and both of us realized that Alexander would have more responsibilities, in addition to Regius Obligatus. He walked over to where I was standing.

"When's your birthday?" He asked

"25th of April," I replied.

"Okay. So next week," Alexander stated.

We stared at one another, realizing he's exactly one week older than I am. But I'm sure Alexander got something on his mind.

"That's..." I muttered, "a coincidence."

Alexander asks his father to be excused and asks Douglas and me to help with carrying his presents back to his room. We nodded. Soon, Douglas, Alexander and I would be carrying his presents to his room, where he would be putting his books onto the bookshelf, in alphabetical order according to the books' author's surname.

'OCD bastard,' I thought.

Soon, he was done, he turned to both of us.

"Regius Obligatus still needs the General Director, Deputy General Director and the Assistant General Director," He informed us, "We already got the Chief of Staff."

Alexamder nodded at Douglas.

"Um... Let me tell you this, Alexander. You'll be the General Director," I told him.

"Alexander, sir, if you let someone else lead, Regius Obligatus will be wasted as a project from Day One," Douglas nodded and voiced his agreement. Alexander looked at both of us, like 'What?'

"Regius Obligatus is your project. You thought of it," I told him. Alexander looks exasperated, before sighing.

"Of course," He muttered, "It's my project."

Alexander then looked at me, straight in the eye.

"Hugo Rochegny, you are now the Deputy General Director of Regius Obligatus. Happy early birthday, Hugo," Alexander told me as I stared at him, turning it into a staring contest. I chickened out by blinking first.

"You are one badass Prince, you know that?" I told him, in the air of teasing him.

"Yeah, I know. My brother's what? Almost three and he can only speak a few things, my name being one of them. But I bet he'll be a badass too," Alexander stated before he shrugged.

We started to write the application package, with the three of us making each of our individual packages and deciding to let the King decide which application package would be used.

Considering we sent a letter last week to Cabinet regarding funding Regius Obligatus for a time until Regius Obligatus receives profit from their businesses, we haven't heard from Cabinet yet. We discuss the different possibilities as to why they didn't reply, considering Alexander wrote the letter and he sent it off. We finally decided that we will go to Cabinet tomorrow, to meet the Prime Minister and members of Cabinet to get a clear-cut answer.

By the time it was 8 pm, I decided to head back to the Rochegny mansion, after finalizing every minute detail, including the application packages being discussed tomorrow with the King after the meeting with Cabinet.

"Tomorrow will be a busy day," I muttered as I entered the Rochegny mansion. Papa walked up to me, before picking me up.

"You need a shower, young man," He said.

"I know..." I said, yawning, "But can we leave it to tomorrow? Or after I wake up from my nap?"

Papa laughed as I dozed off. He glanced at me, sighing, thinking today was a long day, wondering what on earth was I at Buckingham Palace all day. I would soon take a shower, even though I was falling asleep, before settling into bed.

Papa and Maman would be discussing things about me as I dozed off.

"I wonder why he keeps going to Buckingham Palace," Papa said.

"He needs friends, you know that. Prince Alexander is the first friend that understands what it's like to be a prodigy. I was like that when I met you, Mark," Maman reassured him. I woke up, just not feeling asleep now. So, I grabbed my teddy bear and walked out to where I heard Papa and Maman, rubbing my eyes, trying to remove the sleepiness and trying to ignore it entirely.

"Both of them must have a project-" Papa started.

"It is a project, Papa. Alexander and I are starting an organization from scratch," I yawn, "that's why I am always at Buckingham Palace, Papa."

"Alright, young man. You need to get some sleep now," Papa told me.

"Yeah, I have a big day tomorrow. Maman, can you get my suit, si vous plaît?" I asked her before I yawned once more.

"Of course," Maman replied as Papa walked over and picked me up. The three of us would go back to my room and they set me in bed, kissed me goodnight before leaving.

"Bonne Nuit, Papa et Maman," I mumbled quietly. They both replied goodnight before closing the door. I immediately fell asleep.