XXVI. Isabelle

Friday, 18th May 1928 

Dear Alexander, 

I hear that you're graduating soon, well more like in less than a month. My graduation is on the 9th of June, which is a Saturday. I hope that you can come, as I have reserved a seat in the front for you. 

-Isabelle

Friday, 18th May 1928

Dear Isabelle, 

Of course, I can come, and I do hope you can come to my graduation, as it is the following Saturday after your graduation. I have reserved a seat in the front for you as well. So how are you doing?

-Alexander

Friday, 18th May 1928

Dear Alexander, 

That's great! I'll tell Father that you're coming. I'm doing quite well, except for the fact that we can't meet that often. What about you? I've been doing riding lessons since you first introduced me to the world of horses and riding a few years ago. I can't thank you enough for the present you gave me last year, alongside the occasional portraits you've sent me besides your letter. Where and when did you learn to draw like that? I'm curious to know. 

-Isabelle

Saturday, 19th May 1928

Dear Isabelle,

I'm so sorry for not answering a letter to you yesterday. It's very rude of me to do so, I know, and I'm sorry. I hope you do accept my apology because there's a portrait attached to this letter. I'm doing alright, except for that random bout with a mild cold not long ago. That's great news to hear from you, regarding the present, of course. For the drawings, it came naturally, and I don't know how to answer where and when specifically. My apologies.

-Alexander

Saturday, 19th May 1928

Dear Alexander, 

It's alright. I have a hunch that you were busy, so while I was waiting for your reply, I worked on my assignments. Thank you for the drawings, Alexander, they are masterpieces. I've told my father, and he said that there will be an escort when you arrive at the airport, so don't worry about providing your escort and security.

-Isabelle

Saturday, 19th May 1928

Dear Isabelle, 

Of course. You don't mind if Hugo can come, would you? He would love to visit France one day but never had the chance to, so this would be a great opportunity for him. 

-Alexander

Saturday, 19th May 1928

Dear Alexander, 

Of course, he can come! Along with anyone else you want, too! But I don't want too many people to come, so I would suggest five people maximum, including yourself. 

-Isabelle

Saturday, 9th June 1928 

I would receive my graduation certificate and look down at the audience, to see Alexander and Hugo smiling up at me, clapping. 

After the ceremony, Colette, Hugo, Alexander and I would be talking to one another under a tree, as my parents came over with my sister, Sophia, who is two years younger than I am.

"Who's this?" Hugo asked, curious. 

"Isabelle's younger sister, Sophia. She's two years younger than Isabelle," Alexander replied. I'd smile at him, ignoring the looks given by everyone there. Sophia waved at Hugo, a bit hesitant and Hugo smiled, waving back.