LXXVIII

Saturday, 7th March 1936

When Regius Obligatus transferred news from Germany to London concerning the Rhineland's reoccupation, Alexander just sat in his office staring out of the window, with Douglas, Hugo and Emily in the office, just sitting on the couch, looking at him, as silence reign throughout the office.

"I don't know what to do," Alexander stated with finality as if everything was final, playing with his signet ring (a Christmas gift from his Grandfather in 1925).

"Alexander..." Hugo started, but he was cut off by Alexander.

"Hugo, just stop. Please," Alexander immediately cut him off, and the two others were looking to one another, wondering what's wrong with Alexander. Hugo did what he had asked. They all looked at one another before nodding and just left, leaving Alexander to his own thoughts.

Meanwhile, Winston and Alexander's father - Albert - are talking to one another in regards to Alexander's military service.

"Sir, don't you think it is wise for him to debut his military service abroad next month?" Winston asked, slightly worried.

"Yes, after all, it is only Palestine, is it not?" Albert replied with finality, "He won't be there for long. If there is a problem here at home, we would bring him back for a certain amount of time, before deploying him back to finish off his service in Palestine."

Winston nodded, but he is still concerned.

"Sir, don't you think it is quite dangerous for him to be there with the threat of Hitler?" Winston asked, voicing a concern.

"Winston, I know my son quite well. Alexander has everything under control," Albert replied, and Winston just slowly nodded before changing the subject. They would talk about the recent actions in Nazi Germany, to the different subjects and topics.

Meanwhile, Antony would be talking to Max, Emily's younger brother, about topics ranging from history to languages, as both boys would be unaware of the world outside London, and the continued rise of Nazi Germany's threat on continental Europe. They have been, to say the least, quite sheltered from the events.

Alexander, meanwhile, would be thinking of the next steps to the Inner War, finalising every single detail in his mind, playing different scenarios and what that could lead to. With this in mind, he imagines every single different possibility with the facts that had been laid out by Hitler's moves, and by history to plan every single move of the future. He then writes every single elaborate, and detailed sentence, note and paragraph onto papers of all sizes, decorating the walls of his room with it, whilst arrows leads from one event, and one scenario to another, and neat block-coloured letters cover the walls.

Tuesday, 31st March 1936

Douglas read a telegram sent from the Swedish Regius Obligatus branch, making his way to Alexander, who was out shooting with Albert. He handed it to Alexander, who excused himself from his father.

"What in God's name..." Alexander muttered after reading it. Albert turned to him, curious.

"What is it, Alexander?" Albert replied, stuttering, sounding worried as the news might concern Nazi Germany.

"I am to court the Princess Charlotte of Sweden in two weeks..." Alexander replied, "It might turn into an arranged marriage set up by Uncle and the King of Sweden!"

"But your heart does not belong to her," Albert stated with wary. Alexander nodded, before sighing, as if giving up.

"If it is my duty, then I must, for I am duty-bound," Alexander muttered, folding the telegram and putting it into the breast pocket of his jacket, surveying the landscape with a defeated expression. Albert nodded slowly before going back to the shooting, thinking that this will not work at all. Alexander followed suit. The rest of the day would consist of Alexander teaching Elizabeth, fencing matches, and paperwork. Not to mention the disappointment in the courtship.