XCV. Antony

It is the early evening of Friday, 30th September 1938 where the whole world just received the news in regards to the Munich Agreement. The Allies had agreed that Germany could have the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia in return for peace. I was in the library with Hugo and Alexander, reading the newspaper about it.

"Alexander, have you heard about the Munich Agreement?" I asked out of curiosity, glancing up at him. Hugo tried to catch my eye, which was a success. Hugo shook his head no, and it made me realise that he went through the same thing with Alexander earlier today, and it didn't go well. What did I do? Alexander was just silent, working on Lord knows what he's doing these days.

I cleared my throat. He looked up at me.

"Hm?" Alexander asked, looking at me.

"Well, your thoughts on the Munich Agreement?" I repeated the question, and Hugo just sighed, giving up on stopping me from pursuing the matter. It was a big sigh. Alexander went back to whatever he's doing before I got to hear another word from him.

"It's bluff," Alexander replied.

"A bluff?" I asked, sounding confused.

"You know I'm the Director-General of Regius Obligatus, and you know that Regius Obligatus has influences worldwide, ranging from high government officials to private citizens. Regius Obligatus hears everything and knows everything. Anything that seems to raise a red flag, say Hitler and his actions for an example, it gets immediately reported back to here in London," Alexander stated in a blank monotone voice, "For the situation with Hitler and Nazi Germany, Regius Obligatus has kept an eye on for years now. Ever since he was elected as Chancellor of Germany back in 1933. He's up to something, and it concerns Czechoslovakia, Europe, and the rest of the world."

Alexander went silent for a moment, as Hugo and I looked at him. He dropped his pencil and looked up to us, with a face of realisation.

"What?" I asked.

"No... I can't. It's a wild theory, but..." He replied, looking at Hugo.

"So, confidentiality?" I asked. He nodded and immediately went back to whatever he's doing, looking more distracted than usual.

For October, Alexander, Hugo and I never talked about what his theory was in regards to Czechoslovakia, nor did we touch on the topic of Germany again since that day. It was that day that I learnt to never ask my brother his opinion on anything that relates to Germany, and world politics, fearing that something will happen.