LIX. Hugo

Two months into our final year of our PhDs, and what can I say about it? It's a tad bit too early to say, but who knows? Last month, well more like at the beginning of August, Hindenburg died and let's say... Politics in Germany has gone from bad to the worst-case scenario quick. Even now, in mid-September, Alexander and I are still talking about it. Hidenburg's death had seemed to greatly affect us. I mean... both Alexander and I are now holding our breaths, waiting to see what happens next as we are just unsure the extent to which politics has been affected as it could sway between communism and nazism.

"Hitler's now Führer...Which means more power..." I told Alexander, as we work on a history-related paper.

"Yes, the cult of personality. I think we have seen that before. But let's not think about Hitler for a moment, instead, let's focus on our paper, and bring back the seat of the history powerhouse to our corner. We don't want to let the girls barge on and on about how history is in their corner, now do we," Alexander stated in determination and I laughed.

"Getting competitive, are we?" I asked, teasing him and Alexander just rolled his eyes. We then just worked on the paper for the rest of the day, taking barely any rest.

Mid-September rolled into the end of the month, then the beginning of October and the end of October is now right around the corner. After we heard that Hitler has defined the role of women in his Germany, we just debated against what he laid out as his policy. The thought of war sounds a bit more promising now...?

I then questioned him on the change of the Head of the French branch to King Francois I of France.

"The fact that I need two people that I can fully trust to carry out the plan of me faking my death and all. It cannot be Douglas, Emily, Papa nor anyone else, as it will jeopardize the whole operation if we were to go to war with Hitler and Germany. Grandpapa is another confidant in this, besides you. He approves, stating that it is important to protect this nation at all costs," Alexander told me, and I just sat there, staring at him before returning to doing the assignment, taking what he just said all in.