XI

"They both seem to have a memorable day," George told Christian, motioning him to both Alexander and Isabelle.

"Indeed, they do. It also seems that they're bonding rather nicely, don't you think, sir?" Christian asked George, as both heard Alexander's laughter in the distance.

"I've never seen Isabelle that happy with anyone, even though she has met several prodigies before," Christian continued, "Do you think that this could be the beginnings of a relationship where it binds France, Denmark, and the United Kingdom together, sir?"

George glanced at Christian before back to the duo.

"We have to keep one eye on the future, don't we?" Christian continued.

"Apparently, it is a must," George replied, "And that is somewhat like Alexander. Ambitious for that age, but it will be advantageous in the long run for him, but he does keep an eye on the future, including finding friends in the process."

"How so, sir?" Christian asked, curious.

"I'm not sure if you had heard, but Regius Obligatus - Latin for Royal Obligation - was set up by Alexander as a Royal organization, that serves the Crown, like MI5 and MI6. It is a very organized organisation. I believe that Alexander has things in mind that would surpass MI5 and MI6 to some extent in various areas when we compare it side by side. This will certainly benefit the United Kingdom in the future," George replied.

Christian nodded and stared at Alexander.

"He is quite ambitious, I take it," Christian stated, after pondering for a few moments.

"He is," George said.

Friday, 5th June 1925

Application packages that have been sent out the previous month have now been received by the Chief of Staff, who read it and sort it out into alphabetical order. He gave it to Alexander, a total of 280 applicants.

Saturday, 6th June 1925

The trio starts going through the application packages and narrowing the applicant pool down to ten applicants per job, totalling 140 applicants. The rest of the applicants (140) are sent letters saying their applications will be reviewed sometime in the future for reconsideration. This group of applicants will be accepted into Regius Obligatus (depending on their decision made in the application package) as Staff Sergeant.

For the next month, and early July, they managed to narrow down to five applicants per job applicant pool before mailing the letter of interviews to the chosen applicants, totalling the applicants to 70. The rest of the applicants (70) have been sent letters that their applications will be reviewed sometime in the future. This group of 70 applicants will be given the rank Warrant Officer Class 2.

The process of interviews started on the 10th of July 1925 at the makeshift headquarters: Kensington Palace, before narrowing down to three applicants per job, where the total applicants are 42. The last 28 applicants receive Warrant Officer Class 1.

On the 24th, the final decisions of 14 applicants have been made and in the following week, the Letters of Military Confidentiality are being sent, outlining the expectations for the respective jobs.