XX. Douglas

Saturday, 5th March 1927

The four of us would sit at our table, eating our breakfast, talking to one another. Alexander just yawned, not participating in the conversation, considering it was only 8 AM.

"What's wrong, Alexander?" Emily asked worriedly.

"Nothing's wrong," Alexander replied, being blunt. Hugo and I glanced at one another, knowing that's not true.

"Talk later?" I asked, implying that we need to get somewhere more private. Alexander nodded.

We finished breakfast and went to Alexander and Hugo's apartment. I looked around after entering and quickly got my shoes off. Arthur and Guinevere ran out of one of the rooms, heading straight to Alexander, who knelt and rubbed the both of them on their heads, before picking Arthur up.

"Showing favouritism there, Alexander?" I asked him, slightly curious. He rolled his eyes as Hugo picked up Guinevere.

"Right, where were we?" He muttered, closing his eyes to remember for a moment.

"Ah... right," Alexander continued after a moment of silence, "Where are we with Fascist Italy and the Soviet Union?"

"They're building their bases, as we are recruiting agents as we speak. The other branches in Europe are almost halfway done," I replied.

"I'm bloody tired and it's just the beginning of March," He muttered, yawning, and the three of us would glance at one another.

"There's news from France, Alexander," Emily told him. Hugo and I glance at one another. Alexander looked at Emily, as he immediately straighten up in order to receive the news.

"What is it?"

"According to Andre, the base construction has just surpassed 50% completion. As well as other European bases."

"Good. Somebody make a note," He said and I got my pen and notepad out ready.

"We'll be expanding to the Americas next year. Headquarters of the Americas as a continent will be D.C," Alexander divulged. The three of us would glance at one another before looking at him, looking dumbfounded.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's time to expand over the pond. I'll probably send you each a copy of what I'm thinking after it is finalized, which will probably be by the end of the week next week," He continued, and Hugo and I nodded.

"Leave me, guys. Not to be rude, but I have work to do," Alexander told us, and we nodded, knowing that he needed to plan. So, the three of us would make our way to the nearby park, as Guinevere and Arthur would run around the apartment.

"He definitely has a thing for France," Emily told us, "Is it because of Isabelle?"

"Yes," Hugo replied, "They don't know that they're in love and if they don't marry soon, I'll be damned."

I laughed, as Emily looked exasperated.

"I wonder how Alexander puts up with both of you," She stated, with a tad bit of curiosity hinting in her voice.

"Oh, he tends to forget me, and he tends to hang out with Hugo more," I told her, who rolled her eyes.

We would hang around in the park, getting coffee on the way there. We would talk about our normal lives if we hadn't met Alexander.

"Well, I would beg to differ," Hugo started, "I would meet him either way."

I rolled my eyes as I sip my cup of coffee.