LXXXVII. Douglas

In the evening of Sunday, 10th May 1937, Emily, Hugo and I would be in a meeting room, discussing things ranging from the King's coronation in two days to Regius Obligatus. Unbeknownst to the whole Royal Household, including the three of us, Alexander just came back from Palestine earlier today.

Alexander burst in, still in his RAF uniform, with his rank of Air Commodore, and closed the door behind him, looking like he needs a drink. The three of us looked at him. I wonder how he knows that we're in here?

"Going over there twice is more than enough," Alexander muttered.

"Why don't you just stop after two terms?" I asked.

"Hm... No. I'm just back for a couple of days because of Papa's coronation in two days. I'm also back for the ceremony for the Prince of Wales two days after," Alexander replied, and the three of us looked at one another.

"So, what will happen to the Dukedom of Cambridge, Alexander?" Hugo asked.

"Well, it'll be disbanded since no one is actually occupying the role after me anyway," Alexander replied, slightly offhandedly.

"So, why did you go over there?" I asked, curious. Alexander looked at me.

"Well, to have some military experience, Douglas. Why would I go to Palestine for fun, eh?" Alexander replied, with a bit of sass. I just rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, I better go get a shower and change," Alexander continued, "See you later."

We all nodded.

Wednesday, 12th May 1937. The day of the King's coronation. Alexander and his siblings were there. Alexander, like all military officers, would wear his ceremonial Naval officer attire, despite Alexander serving in both the RAF and the Royal Navy, with all the medals and the rank of Captain of the Royal Navy proudly displayed on his chest. His medals and knighthoods are:

Companion of the Order of the Bath Commander of the Royal Victorian Order Commander of the Order of the British Empire Officer of the Order of the British Empire (Military Division) Member of the Order of the British Empire (Military Division).

Technically not medals, but more knighthoods. After the coronation, Hugo, Emily and I received the coronation medal, alongside many other people from all sorts of ranks, and positions of government.

Friday, 14th May 1937. Emily, Hugo and I are in Wales, alongside the Royal Family for Alexander's ceremony. It was fascinating, the ceremony. Like the coronation two days ago, both were vigorously prepared.

After Alexander's acceptance of himself as the Prince of Wales, he made a request to his father to return to Palestine, which was denied, due to the fact that he is now the Heir Apparent, and his brother needs more time – to a certain extent – to prepare his life if something really does go south for Alexander. But, two days later, he just went, determined to serve. Sounds quite... familiar. If I mentioned that to Alexander, he'll be on a fit.

Throughout June, nothing's new, as Regius Obligatus is just prepared for war, as we are all geared up as Alexander continue to serves in Palestine. Sometimes, many people here question what is going through Alexander, myself included. It's annoying sometimes because we don't really know what he's thinking. We think what is going on with him, it usually is partially right. It was never the full correct answer, but more, 'Oh, you got this part right, but it is just one piece of the whole puzzle.'