LX. Alexander

Friday, 16th November 1934

Dear Diary,

The Christmas holidays are coming, and I am just grateful for the holidays arriving next month. I mean.... I am a workaholic, yes... But sometimes a workaholic needs a break, and hence, I am looking forward to the Christmas holidays, as there are several things that I need to discuss with Grandpapa about the future wedding. But... I might not able to do so, as I have already had a meeting with Grandpapa about Regius Obligatus (alongside the other members of the senior staff team), on top of the meetings with the other members of the leadership teams of Regius Obligatus and the amount of academic research I need to complete...? Don't think I will be able to get any sleep, but if I do get the bare amount, then it's more than enough. On that note, Isabelle had been nagging me about my sleep schedule.

I must go now, as there is a study group session with the other three (where we might end up getting distracted and playing with my dogs instead).

-Alexander

P.S. I was looking back at my old diary entries and noticed that I have forgotten to sign off on some of them. Oops. My mistake. But since when did I forget to sign them off?

Friday, 14th December 1934

Dear Diary,

The moment classes have ended, Colette, Hugo, Isabelle and I left our separate ways, as Hugo and I went back to London, meanwhile Colette and Isabelle made their way back to Paris. With just over two weeks left to this year, time seems to fly by quickly. I just don't believe that there are only a couple of months left to the final year of doing PhDs. Talking about PhDs, I do hope that Grandpapa would make it to my graduation ceremony at the end of the year, alongside Winston, and several other people. Papa and my siblings would be coming, of course.

You would be wondering about the status of my military training. I am currently in the ranks of Group Captain (RAF), and Commander (Royal Navy). So training is over for me and Hugo. It's only just doing our military engagements for both the Royal Navy and the RAF. People keep asking me why I serve Great Britain through both the RAF and the Royal Navy when I am Duke of Cambridge. Serving the military has been a long-standing tradition for the Royal Family. Antony is going down the more traditional route, which is to serve in the Royal Navy. I'm just doing double duty here... Hence, I am just an odd duck here in the family. But not in a negative way though.

-Alexander

Thursday, 26th December 1934

Dear Diary,

I have been sleeping as if I was dead. For some odd reason, I have become a heavy sleeper on Monday nights. I do hope I revert back to being a light sleeper. I do need it. Also, Christmas was yesterday. Looks like I'm getting more stationery now for some reason. But no matter... It looks like I will bring it to good use. Hugo, too, has more than enough stationery that if the both of us combined the amount of stationery we have for our Christmas presents... It might last us a lifetime. For Isabelle and Colette's Christmas presents (they're in Paris now), Hugo and I gave them all sort of things, ranging from portraits to books and whatnot.

-Alexander