Part 7

Lisa taps the keycard against the penthouse access lock. As it opens she felt her heart thumping loudly inside her chest. 

When she felt the blonde's hand glides down her arm she quickly felt the calmness took over her.

With Chaeyoung's fingers now lace with hers, she found the courage to go inside. 

They walked towards the living room and instantly she felt the sense of familiarity. 

Her eyes scanned the room. Upon realizing that there was no one else inside she felt the sense of vulnerability once again. 

She looked around and later found herself inside the bedroom. She didn't even realize that Chaeyoung already let her hand go.  

The girl was just following her from behind, watching as she went towards the cabinet. Inside she found a small backpack and a large suitcase. 

She took the backpack and sat on the bed. She felt the other girl sat beside her.  

Her hands start shaking as she tries to open it. She heaves a sigh of relief when Chaeyoung took the bag from her and proceeds to open it up. The blonde slowly reaches inside and the first thing she took out was her wallet. She flips it open, eyes staring at the cards inside. 

"Lisa Manoban." She heard Chaeyoung murmured. 

"That's me." She said automatically. 

But there was something odd about it. Lisa felt like she was missing something upon hearing her whole name. 

"And I also think this is you." Chaeyoung passed her the wallet. 

Lisa gazed at it and saw an old picture of a beautiful woman hugging a toddler. 

"That's my mom." as she stared at it she felt some of the memories coming back. 

"She's gone."  her voice croaked and it didn't go unnoticed. 

"I'm sorry." she heard Chaeyoung said softly beside her. 

"It happened a long time ago." 

They stared at each other a little too long. 

"Rosie..."

"Yeah?"

"Is it alright if I borrow your phone?" 

"Of course, do you want to call someone?" 

She shook her head. "I just want to google something." 

The blonde easily understood as she took her phone out and pass it to her.  Lisa starts typing her whole name but nothing came out. 

"Let me try." Chaeyoung asked.  The girl took her phone back and went to search for her name on Instagram instead. 

The blonde's face lit up when they found a match. 

Some of the photos posted by Lisa was also saved in her camera.

 "That's my account!" She said cheerfully as she watches the blonde scrolled down. 

"Wow..." Chaeyoung murmured.  

"What?" she asked. 

"These are all beautiful." 

Lisa smiled, but then she noticed the girl stops scrolling. She turned her eyes back to the phone and froze.

Chaeyoung was looking at one picture in particular. 

It was captioned with a simple red heart, posted 2 years ago

She stared at it and immediately felt a sting in her chest. 

Her head suddenly hurts trying to remember who the girl was. 

"She's beautiful." she heard Chaeyoung say but there was something about the way she said it that made Lisa suddenly want to comfort her. 

"She is beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as you." Lisa couldn't help but say it. All she wanted at that moment was to see the smile in the girl's lips again.

"I think you need some food. You're saying nonsense now." The girl stood up and then hid the phone in her pocket, but it didn't escape her when she saw how the blonde tried so hard not to smile. 

Lisa chuckled but proceed to follow her as well.

"Where are we eating?"

They went back to the living room and proceed to sit on the couch. 

"You need to rest. Are you okay with room service? If you want something else I can go out and get it for you."

"Room service will do." Lisa smiled sweetly at her. 

As they wait for their meal, Chaeyoung starts browsing through the movies displayed on the large flat screen in front of them. 

 Hey Rosie?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Are you really staying tonight?" 

She saw the blonde paused and then looked down at her hands with the remote. Lisa noticed that when Chaeyoung is nervous she tends to fidgets with her hands. 

"Alice told me to look after you." 

"Oh... Okay." She couldn't hide the dismay in her voice. 

"And also, because I want to." 

Lisa bit her lips to suppress the smile in her face but the other girl already saw it. 

The blonde grinned as she scoots closer to her. 

Lisa silently stared at Chaeyoung because she couldn't help it. 

She was happy, finally truly happy.