Part 37

"An orphanage?" Chaeyoung was surprised when Alfred dropped her in front of the facility. 

A tall woman approached her as she stood at the gate. "Miss Park?"

She nodded her head and saw the smile appeared on the woman's lips. 

"Good morning Miss Park. I'm Joy. Please follow me." 

"Okay," she said before she walked behind her. They went inside and Chaeyoung and noticed that it was newly renovated. 

They walked towards the room which seemed to be the play area. 

The door has a glass window where you can peek in and immediately she melted upon seeing the scene inside. 

Her girlfriend was playing with a toddler. They sat on the padded floor with Lisa trying to build a tall tower using the wooden blocks, while the toddler will just repeatedly destroy it. 

But instead of being angry or frustrated, she was surprised when Lisa laugh wholeheartedly.

And when Lisa suddenly wrapped her arms around the boy and kissed him repeatedly on his cheeks, she fell in love with her even more. 

Joy knocked on the door and opened it for her. Lisa turned towards them and if it was possible, her smile grew brighter. 

"Jagiya!" Lisa said, gesturing for her to come nearer to her. 

She took off her shoes and padded her way towards the two. She sat beside Lisa and felt the girl kissed her cheek before she turned her attention back to the boy. 

Chaeyoung was taken by surprise later on when she saw the boy up close. 

"Jagiya, meet Michael."

It's a boy with Down syndrome. 

"Michael, come." Lisa giggled at the child's short attention span. 

"Michael....." when Lisa's voice change to a softer tone that's when she caught the child's attention. 

"Hi, Michael." she smiled at him and noticed how he watched her curiously. 

"This is the girl I was telling you about. The love of my life. Rosie..."

Chaeyoung took the boy's hand and shook it playfully. 

"How old is he?" she turned to Lisa. 

"He's turning four in July. Michael, can you say four." Lisa gestured four fingers.

"Bah!" the boy replied cheerfully.

"He doesn't know how to speak yet. Except for Papa." Lisa laughed when Michael repeated the word. 

"Papa."

"I wonder who taught him that?" she grinned playfully at her girlfriend.

Lisa chuckled. "I didn't I swear. It just came out of him so naturally."

Chaeyoung shook her head and smiled.

They spend the rest of the morning playing with Michael.

The funny thing was when Lisa was feeding him, he fell asleep leaning on Lisa's shoulder.

Later on, Joy came and took the boy out of the high chair.

Chaeyoung watched as Lisa leaned in and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

Lisa then held her hand and they walk out of the facility towards the parking lot.

They got inside the car and Lisa put it on drive.

While they were driving Lisa was still holding her hand while the other one was on the steering wheel.

"Love...." Chaeyoung called her out.

"Hmm?"

"How did you meet Michael?"

Lisa squeezed her hand and smile. "My mom, she was the founder of that place. She used to bring Seulgi and me there when we were young."

Chaeyoung saw the glint of sadness in the girl's eyes so she intertwined their fingers.

"Three years ago after Mina walked away from me, I found myself there. I didn't know why but the moment I saw him, I felt better right away."

"Why don't you keep him?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Adopt him you mean?"

Chaeyoung nodded her head.

For a while, Lisa didn't say anything. Chaeyoung didn't pry. She wanted Lisa to open up to her willingly.

The car stopped in front of a five-star hotel.

Chaeyoung lookout." What are we doing here?"

"You haven't eaten anything yet. There's a restaurant on the top floor."

"Okay." Chaeyoung removes her seatbelt and was about to step out of the car when she felt Lisa pulled her hand.

She looks at the girl and found Lisa's eyes gazing down.

"I'm afraid..."

"He's special. I'm afraid that I'll just ruin his life."

"You're not gonna ruin him..." Chaeyoung cupped Lisa's face and all she saw was doubt and sadness in her eyes.

"He deserves so much more Rosie...."

"You are more than enough."

"He deserves a normal family. You know what I do... I'm always not around. He needs attention and time."

Chaeyoung kissed her lips softly, making Lisa feel better in an instant.

"Okay...." Chaeyoung said the moment their lips detached. 

"Just so you know, whether you decide to adopt him or not... I'll be here to support you."

Lisa smiled and kissed her lips. "Okay....."