Part 40

"Jagiya? What are you doing here?" Lisa stood up to greet her.

When the brunette kissed her cheek briefly she smelled the alcohol in her breath.

When Lisa noticed the concerned look in her face she noticed her quickly averted her gaze.

She placed her two fingers under Lisa's chin to turn her eyes back to her. "Why are you drinking?"

She watched Lisa rolled her eyes as she bit her lower lips. "No reason."

She furrowed her brows but kept silent.

Gently she hugged the brunette, her arms securely wrapped around her.

For a while, Lisa's body stiffened.

But soon Chaeyoung felt Lisa tremble as she burrows her head at the crook of her neck.

When she felt the wet feeling on  her shoulder as Lisa silently cried against her she held her tighter.

She comforted Lisa until she recovered.

Chaeyoung slowly guides the other until they were sitting on the couch.

She looked down and wipe the remnants of tears from the brunette's cheeks.

It hurts her to see Lisa like that.
She placed a soft kiss on top of the girl's head and continue to hold her.

"They said its stage 4...." she heard her whisper and hearing how broken she sound pains her even more.

"Let's see him...."

"I can't...."

"I'll be there with you. I'll never leave your side."

"I can't....."

Chaeyoung cupped her face. "Why?"

Lisa swallowed hard, "I can't see him like that. With the way Seulgi describes his condition, I know I couldn't see him like that...." tears start falling from her eyes once again.

Chaeyoung looks at her softly. "But would you rather see him before its too late?"

She watched Lisa shut her eyes close before she burrowed herself against her, weeping on her chest. Chaeyoung held her and ran her hand over her back.

"Okay....." she heard the girl whispered.

Chaeyoung kissed Lisa's temple. She waited until she stops weeping. When she felt Lisa looked up to her sheet her gaze.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in your rehearsal right now..."

"Jagiya.... You should know by now, you always come first."

Upon hearing, Chaeyoung said that finally, a small smile appeared in the younger girl's lips.

"I don't deserve you..."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes playfully. "Cause I'm cool and super awesome?"

Lisa finally let out a small chuckle, temporarily forgetting the hurt in her chest but nonetheless repeated the blonde's words.

"Cause your cool and super awesome."

Chaeyoung grin before she peppers the girl's face with small kisses.

Lisa smiled widely, thinking how lucky she really is to find the girl of her dream.