Part 39

"If you do it like that it'll be plain and boring. Why don't you guys try this instead." 

Chaeyoung, Jennie, and Jisoo watched their choreographer as they stood at the center of the stage. They've been rehearsing for a few hours now and the pressure was starting to take its toll. 

"Chaeyoung." She turned at the side of the stage and found Seulgi. 

She excused herself and went towards Lisa's sister. 

"Hey, what are you doing here? Where's Lisa?" Chaeyoung smiled but it soon faded when she saw the worried look in Seulgi's face. 

"Have you spoken to my sister?"

"We talked on the phone last night, but just for a while. We haven't even seen each other for a week now because of all the rehearsals for our upcoming concert... What's going on? Is she okay?"

Seulgi looks so torn as if she was still contemplating inside her head. 

"Chaeyoung.... its Michael. He's been admitted to the hospital since Friday. They did some tests for him and found out that he had Leukemia."

Chaeyoung immediately felt bad upon hearing that, but when she remembers what he means to Lisa she felt a cold shiver wash over her. 

"Oh my god...." Chaeyoung watched as Seulgi rubbed her forehead, looking thoroughly frustrated. 

"But she acts so---- we talked every day but she never mentioned it."

"That's how she is. I'm scared. She's starting to go back to her old ways...."

"Like what?"

"If anyone asks her, she will say she's alright, but she's masking it. She stops going to the hospital when Michael's diagnosis was disclosed to her. She always sends me if there are a procedure and treatment that needs to be done for him. She's keeping herself busy with work. She starts declining my call and every time I tried to update her about Michael she starts leaving the room."

"Where is she?"

"She'll get mad at me for telling you this, but I don't know what to do...." Seulgi sat down, dragging her hands down her face with a frustrated sigh. 

"Seulgi, just tell me where I can find her." 

The younger girl looked up at her. "You have things to do. Your concert is tomorrow and----"

"Seulgi! Lisa is more important than this!"

The brunette stared at her with wide eyes. 

"I'm sorry for raising my voice, but I need to know where she is."

She watched as the girl slowly took her phone out and called her driver. 

Seulgi went to talk to the event organizer.

"Hey what happened?" Jisoo and Jennie approached her as soon as they were told to go home.

"Its Lisa. Something came up and I need to be with her." she felt guilty for holding up their practice.

"Hey, it's alright. Do you want us to go with you?" Jennie placed her hand on her shoulder.

"No... please... Just go home and rest. I'll give you an update alright?"

Seulgi went back and told her that the car is already waiting for her outside. She quickly grabbed her things and went out the back and soon she was already inside Seulgi's car, on the way to Lisa's office.

When they arrived she felt her hands getting clammy.

When the elevator door opens to the top floor she slowly made her way towards the girl's office.

Lisa's secretary's eyes widened upon seeing her. Dahyun stood up but Chaeyoung already raised her hand to tell her that she doesn't need to be ushered in.

Dahyun nodded her head as if she understood and turned her head towards Lisa's office.

Chaeyong took a deep breath before she slowly opened the door and went inside.

Lisa was sitting on her chair but it was facing the window. It was only 5 in the afternoon but the half glass full scotch didn't escape the blonde's attention.

Upon hearing the door close Lisa turn her chair around and by the look of surprise in her face, the brunette was not expecting her there.