Chapter Nine

Kat is holding hands with Dean outside the police station. Dean is in his Officer uniform with his long fringe gelled to one side. Kat has her black hair down but with her fringe pulled back, blue skinny jeans, a white vest top, black dolly shoes and a black leather jacket.

She seemed a little disheartened.
"I really hoped we would both be off work today."

Dean lowered his eyes also disappointed,
"Yeah I know babe, me too. However, my superior figures that the streets will be awash with booze, urine, puke, broken glass and riots for the next two days. I'm afraid it's all hands on deck."

Kat moved closer to Dean and wrapped her arms around his neck, "They need to employ more cops, get more help."
She gripped his hands and placed them both around her waist then rested them on her butt, smiling cheekily at him.
"Because yours are already busy, and they need to stay right here, on me."

Dean squeezes her arse playfully.
"You know I would much rather be with you, but unfortunately someone needs to control the drunken football hooligans who are no doubt going to ruin the match for everyone else."

"What is it about this sport which turns normal men into aggressive immature animals?" Kat wondered.

Dean is about to answer when he suddenly sees someone approaching. He quickly removes his hands from Kat then takes a step away from her. In response Kat places her hands on her hips then scowls.
"What? I can't hug my boyfriend before he goes off on patrol?"

Dean seems confused by her offensive tone,
"Of course you can, just not right now and not here."

"Are you ashamed of me or something?"

"Now thats ridiculous."

"Is it? Really?"

Kat steps forward, one hand grabs the collar of Deans shirt while the other grips the back of his head. She pulls him towards her forcefully, then kisses him passionately as she pushes her body against his so hard that Dean surprised stumbles back into the barrier thats behind him. Kat continues to kiss him, crushing her lips against his. Deans eyes are closed, but he raises his hands to Kats shoulders trying to push her away as passers-by turn to look. Dean eventually manages to ease her off him, he holds her by her shoulders at arms length, then bends down to look her in the eye.
"Kat, what the hell got into you?"

She just glares back at him silently.

"I'm an Officer. I have to remain professional. That means not in public, not in uniform and not in front of an audience."

Kat folds her arms, "That's not good enough."

Dean sighs then leads Kat into a side alley, he faces her to have a serious talk.
"Look I know you're angry about us both having to work extra today, and I know there's something worrying you that you won't tell me about. But as a cop I have to portray a certain image. You know I love you and that I can't keep my hands off you. Right?"

Kat glumly nods her head. Dean sweeps his gaze around then lowers his head.
"But in the meantime, this is kind of private and there's no one around."

Kat leans back so he can't kiss her,
"I had a window, but it was five minutes ago," she replied turning her head away. Dean is stronger and he grips her waist pulling her closer.
"Kat look at me."

Kat raises her eyes and Dean smiled at her knowing that she wouldn't be able to resist the dimples.

"No, don't do that. That's cheating. It's not fair."

Dean locks his brown eyes onto hers then tilted his head to one side as he raised his eyebrows. Kat was trying desperately to remain stubborn against him, but in the end she shrugged and surrendered.
"Oh fuck it."

As they kiss, Dean lifts her up in his arms and pushes her against the wall, Kat wraps her legs around his waist. They shared a long kiss until Dean ended it. He leaned his forehead against Kats,
"How's that for a goodbye kiss?" he said softly.

He puts Kat back down on her feet, "So are we good now? Have you been appeased?"

Kat nods then steps towards him and standing on tiptoe she kisses him gently on his cheek.
"Be careful out there with those riots."

He ran his fingers through her hair,
"I always am."

They hug then Kat pushes him in the direction of the police station,
"Go on, get going Officer Perkins."

He walks away but before he disappears out of sight, Kat calls him. "Hey Officer."

He looks back at her.

"That uniform."

She winks at him while she fans her face with one hand. Dean grins then walks out of sight, while Kat heads off in the opposite direction.