Chapter Twenty-One

Alan eyes shot open as he puts his arms up to defend himself, panting heavily and flinching on the couch. He whips his head round, seeing only the three dead bodies around him, exactly where he had left them, then his eyes move down to the empty beer bottle nearly falling from his grip. He rubs a gloved hand over his eyes smudging the black around them, he drops the bottle to the floor then leans back on the couch taking deep breaths.

"That dream was fucked up."

He tried to sit up straighter on the couch, but as he did, he found himself swaying slightly, he squeezed his eyes shut then shook his head clear. When he opened his eyes, he raised his hands and observed them, they were both visibly trembling.
Obviously confused he bent down and picked up the beer bottle, frowning at it trying to figure out what was wrong with him. His eyes move and then fall on Kats body and realisation immediately sinks in. He put the bottle back down on the floor then leant forwards, closer to Kats body with a humourless grin on his face.

"Oh. You coke snorting bitch."

He turns away from her body and stands up stumbling a bit, unable to balance himself.

"This is just what I need, thank you so much," he declared loudly to the room.

He rubs his hands over his eyes again shaking his head.

"Bloody hell. I'm fucking seeing two of everything."

He rests both hands on the arm of the couch, bending over slightly as he waits to let the double vision and dizziness pass. After a few moments he pushes himself up.

"Fuck it. If you can handle these drugs how bad can they be?"

He stands up, still a bit unsteady on his feet, he walks over to where Sean is sitting and he bends down to his ear,
"Time to set the stage."

He runs over to Nikkis body, but trips over and lands on his knees beside the couch, he rests his head against hers then continues to talk aloud to himself.
"But somebody is missing. No, no, no. All must be dead."

Smiling he stumbles over to Kat then lies down on the floor ducking down beside her body, as if using her as an obstacle to hide behind.
"This is far more therapeutic than counselling."

He raises the top of his head and grips Kats switchblade which is lying on the floor nearby, then he pokes his head up and peers out over the top of her body,
"You didn't know I was in therapy did you Sis? No. Family secret. All that time it was so hard to act sane."

He closes up her knife then folds his arms on top of Kats body and leans on her, resting his head on top of his arms. He sighs contentedly as he examines her knife from all angles, "What to do?"

Eventually he shrugs then places his hand on Kats cheek, then the male red blood kicked in and he ran his hand down her neck then over her collarbone. With a wicked grin, his fingertips travelled over her breasts.

"You would slap me right now if you could. Come on Kat, I'm feeling you up. Why don't you stop me?" He sniggered mockingly.

His hand continued its journey down over her hips, his hand stroking and gripping the contours of Kats body. Then he seems to come to his senses and abruptly withdraws his hand with a disgusted expression on his face. He hurriedly returns the knife to her jeans pocket.
"As the Egyptians went to the afterlife with Wine and gold, you will go with your weapon of choice. After all it's worthless, it's not like I can pawn it or anything."

He gets up then uncertainly steps over Kats body, and walks towards the doorway. Once there he turns around, spreads his arms then smiles. "Ah, what a beautiful sight."