Number Two

Namjoon POV

"Hyung! There you are." I heard from my office door.

I quirked an eye brow. "Yes, usually I can be found in my office Jungkook." I laughed. "Where were you looking?"

"We had a meeting with the investors today and I thought you were going to be there." He said walking in.

"Oh, no that's not me. I'm just part of the development and marketing. Have you set up your office?" I put my pen down and leaned back giving him my full attention.

I liked Jungkook. He was young, but incredibly smart and fun to be around. When he got hired a few months ago, he didn't have an office yet, so the boss asked if I'd share my office since my assistant was on maternity leave. She was going to be gone fore about 8 months and it had been about 5 before he finally got his own space. During that time, I got to know him really well.

His persona may make a few people think that he's an air head or too goofy. But the kid just knows how to enjoy life, and that's what I like about him. Sometimes his personality reminds me of Noona. Outgoing, not afraid to be herself in front of others, sarcastic, savage. Jungkook was the same way.

He plopped down in front of my desk and let out a sigh. "Almost." He said leaning his head back. "My project is done so I have 2 weeks before I can make any changes while the tech department test it. I told them not to bother. Any glitch they find can only be fixed by me." He lifted his head and smirked. "That's why they call me a genius."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Well don't let them know you have nothing to do for two weeks or they will give you something to do." I joked.

Before he could even answer our boss came around the corner poking his head in. "Jungkook, why aren't you in your office?"

"I'm helping Joon with some new ideas." He lied effortlessly. I smirked and looked up at my boss nodding.

"He's just giving me some coding insight. Change of color. I will be done within a week or two."

Jungkook smiled and looked back over to me.

"Oh, perfect. Didn't you say the project would take longer than that?" Choi asked.

"I did, but I think with out knew kid genius here, it wont take nearly as long."

"Great! Let me know if you need anything from me to help the process along. You two are my stars so far, love that you're working together!"

He gave us a wave and Jungkook started chuckling. "What do you need help with?"

"Nothing. This is easy. Plus, the project he was talking about is already done. I am going on a trip with a few friends and he won't have reason to not let me go when all of my work is done."

"Oh, sounds exciting." He smiled.

I noticed a little sadness in his eyes.

I felt bad.

He had moved across the country for this job. He left his family and his friends behind.

"Do you miss your family?" I asked.

"Not really. Sometimes I talk to my brother, but he and I didn't really grow up in a typical household."

"What do you mean?"

"Our dad is a drunk, and our mom is always strung out on drugs."

"I'm sorry to hear that." I said furrowing my eye brows. "That had to have been hard."

He shrugged. "Honestly, its not that bad. We do alright for ourselves. Got out of that house right after high school and never looked back. He lives with his wife somewhere in another country, she's German, I think."