IV

Tom sighed as he knocked on the door the next morning to Brendan's and Alexander's flat, just to get no response from behind the door.

"Alexander, open the door" he said as he knocked again but still got no response. "Bleeding hell" he mumbled and pulled out his key, before unlocking the door and walking inside.

He sighed as he walked in to see Alexander asleep on the couch. He walked over to him and knelt down before shaking his shoulder gently.

"Alexander, wake up, it's morning" he said softly.

Alexander jumped as he woke up, startled from him being so close.

"What's the matter" Alexander asked as he pushed himself to a sitting position.

"We have to continue the questioning from yesterday, but you can get cleaned up first" he said softly.

Alexander nodded and winced slightly as he stood up.

"Alexander, what's wrong" Tom asked concerned.

"Nothing. I'm alright" Alexander sighed.

"Clearly you're not" he sighed as he slid one of his arms around Alexander's waist.

"I promise, I just pulled a muscle moving in" Alexander squeaked leaning into him.

"If you don't tell me what's wrong, I will bring you to a doctor and have a full exam done. Now just tell me, please" Tom said softly.

Alexander just shook his head as he said, "It's nothing life threatening, anymore. It's been healing."

"What happened" he asked gently.

"I got shot back in July but I'm alright now" Alexander sighed as he looked up at him.

"Any reason you didn't notify the school" he asked tiredly.

"Didn't seem important" Alexander shrugged then squeaked as Tom slid his arm underneath him, lifting him before sitting on the couch with Alexander in his lap.

"How is you being shot not seem important" he asked letting his hands rest on Alexander's waist.

"It just didn't I guess. I don't know, I-I just..." Alexander squeaked as tears welled in his eyes.

"Shhh, baby don't cry. It's okay, I'm just worried about you" he said softly, holding Alexander closer to him.

Alexander nodded then jumped as Brendan's door opened and his brother stopped in the doorway after seeing them.

"Hey, Brendan. How did you sleep" Alexander asked, trying to seem nonchalant as he got off of Tom's lap.

"Why are you on Professor Hawthorn's lap" Brendan asked, not buying it.

"Him and I were just discussing something" Alexander said, trying to stay calm as Tom stood up and slid his arm around him from behind.

"And you're telling me that that's normal? So you're telling me that you two aren't a thing" Brendan asked, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"I didn't say that" Alexander said, struggling to keep his voice even.

"How long" Brendan asked.

"Only since last night" Alexander sighed, leaning into Tom more.

"You better not hurt him. Otherwise we'll have problems" Brendan said in his most threatening voice.

"Understood" Tom smiled at him as he held Alexander tighter to him.

"So you said we were continuing our education" Brendan asked, relaxing slightly.

"Yes you will be. David used to be a professor at Oxford so he'll be your private tutor now" Tom explained.