XI

Alexander let out a soft gasp he woke up to Ryan shaking him.

"Baby, it's almost dinner time, you need to wake up" Ryan said gently as he pulled the boy to a sitting position.

"But, I want to sleep" he whined slightly as he looked up at Ryan.

"I know you do, baby, but my dad wants you to come to dinner and you need to eat" Ryan replied as he stood before taking a hold of Alexander's hands and pulled him to his feet.

He sighed as he nodded before following Ryan out of his bedroom and downstairs to the dining room.

"Alexander, son, I'm glad you could both be bothered to attend dinner tonight" James said coldly from where he sat at the head of the table.

"Wouldn't miss it, Sir" Alexander replied as he sat beside Ryan.

"It's so good to see you again," Melanie, Ryan's mother said from where she was seated beside her husband.

"It's good to see you as well, Ma'am" he said quietly as he took a little bit of bread and some soup, waiting for James to start eating before he began eating.

"Babe, you need to eat more" Ryan whispered in Alexander's ear as he leaned down.

"I'm not hungry though" he whispered back.

"You need to eat or you won't have the energy to carry out your task tomorrow" Ryan whispered as James cleared his throat.

"What are you two talking about" James asked as he glared at me.

"Just about the fact that he's not eating enough" Ryan replied as he held Alexander's hand gently beneath the table.

"Why are you worried? If he doesn't want to eat then don't make him" James said as he shrugged.

"Because he'll get sicker" Ryan said annoyed as he pulled Alexander into his lap, causing him to squeak slightly as he turned bright red.

"Whatever, if you want to coddle your boyfriend, then that's on you" James sighed as he shook his head.

Alexander just squeaked quietly as he curled up more in Ryan's lap, embarrassed as Ryan's arm tightened around his waist.

"How can you just say that" Ryan snapped.

"Figure your shit out, then we'll talk" James snapped.

The rest of dinner passed in relative silence until finally James excused himself to go take care of something.

"How are you feeling, Alexander" Melanie asked gently.

"A bit tired, but otherwise alright" he said, smiling slightly as he ate a spoonful of soup before pushing the bowl away.

He could feel Ryan watching him, knowing that he was worried but just curled up more into him.

"I think we're going to head in for the night. Have a good night, mother" Ryan said as he stood, holding Alexander tightly in his arms.

Ryan walked quickly back to his room, locking the door before setting Alexander down gently.

"What's wrong" Alexander asked as he looked up at him.

"Babe, I'm worried about you" he sighed as he cupped his face gently.

"Why" Alexander squeaked tiredly, leaning into his touch.

"Because you didn't eat much tonight and it seems my father's being harder on you than necessary" he replied.

"He's always hard on me, why does tonight seem any different" Alexander asked.

"Because I don't think it's fair that he's treating you like this," he sighed.

"Ryan, I'm okay, and I will be okay. I have to get through this one mission and then I'll be back with you" Alexander replied as he walked over and sat on the bed.

"Well, at least I'll have you for the night" he sighed as he sat beside him before pinning him to the bed beneath him.

"Indeed you will" Alexander smirked up at him, not trying to fight back as he wrapped his legs around Ryan's waist.

"God, I've missed you" Ryan whispered before leaning down, kissing him gently as his hands slid down to rest on his waist.

"I've missed you too" he whispered against his lips before kissing him back.

Ryan smirked slightly, snapping his fingers to turn the lights off, sliding his hands up underneath Alexander's shirt before throwing it off, tossing it to the other side of the room.

"Ryan, that's kind of expensive to toss around" he squeaked in protest before being silenced again by Ryan's lips.

"So aren't you but I still do it anyway" Ryan smirked, pulling away slightly.

He just laughed slightly, letting himself give into the man above him all throughout the night until they eventually fell asleep in each other's arms some time in the early morning.