XVII

Tom sighed as he walked to Faustus' office early in the morning after bringing Alexander to his therapy session. He had no idea what his boss may want with him so early in the morning. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on William's door.

"Come in, Agent" William called from behind his desk as he took off his glasses.

"What did you need me for, Sir" Tom asked as he walked in and sat down across from him.

"We need to talk about your relationship with Mr. Faulkner" he sighed.

"What about it" Tom asked, confused.

"I want you to end things with him" he replied.

"Wait, why" Tom asked.

"Are you questioning me, Agent" he said, his voice going cold.

"I should at least know why so I can give him a reason" Tom sighed.

"Because the relationship was never real, Agent and because I worry that you're abusing him" he sighed.

"How am I abusing him" Tom snapped.

"Control yourself, Hawthorn, and just the way he acts around you. Also the fact that his mental health has only seemed to worsen since you slept with him, indicating to me that not everything you're doing is consensual" he snapped back.

"It was entirely consensual" Tom snapped as he stood.

"You're to break up with him as soon as possible, Agent, that's an order" he replied coldly.

"No, I won't," Tom said before walking out.

"Are you disobeying orders" William yelled after him as he followed him.

"Yes, I am" Tom snapped.

"You will regret this," William sighed before heading to Dr. Madison's office where he knew Alexander was.

Sighing, he knocked on the door to Madison's office.

"Who is it" Madison yelled from the other side of the door. While he wasn't sure, William was fairly certain he heard a small squeak from behind the door too, causing him to smile faintly as he opened the door.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I must speak with Mr. Faulkner in my office immediately" he said calmly.

"Of course, I'll see you later, Alexander" Madison said kindly.

Alexander nodded as he stood, wrapping his sweater tightly around himself as he followed Faustus towards his office.

"What's the matter, Sir" Alexander asked quietly.

"I need to speak to you about your relationship with Agent Hawthorn" William sighed.

"Oh, what about" he asked as they walked into his office, sitting down across from Faustus at his desk.

"You need to end things with him" William sighed as he saw a flash of pain cross Alexander's face.

"Why" he squeaked, pulling his legs into his chest.

"I fear he's being abusive towards you" Faustus replied, wanting to reach out to him as tears slid down Alexander's cheeks.

"B-But he's not" he squeaked, holding his legs tightly.

"Mr. Faulkner, think about it, he's trying to control you and get you to do what he wants" Faustus said.

"B-But I can't leave him, he won't let me" he squeaked as Faustus stood and walked around the desk before crouching in front of Alexander.