X

Tom sighed as he knocked on the door to Alexander's flat, just to get no response from the other side.  He knocked again before pulling out his keys and unlocking the door.  His annoyance at the other man was steadily rising as it seemed that Alexander was keeping more and more secrets.  It also seemed that Alexander was deflecting more and more away from the topic of the case.

He pushed open the door to see that Alexander had passed out on the couch, paint covering his clothes and a little bit of it smeared on his face.  Tom smiled at the sight then gasped as he saw what was on the canvas.  It was a damn near lifelike rendition of himself. 

"Holy shit" he whispered as he stared at what was practically a mirror image of himself. 

"Tom? I didn't hear you come in" Alexander yawned as he awoke then squeaked as he saw what Tom was looking at.  "D-Don't look at that" he squeaked as he shot to his feet and latched onto Tom's arm, trying to pull him away from the easel.

"Baby, why?  This is amazing" Tom said gently.

"No it's not" Alexander squeaked, turning bright red as tears slid down his cheeks.

"Why are you so upset" he asked, confused. 

"B-Because my artwork is incredibly private t-to me" Alexander squeaked as he buried his face in Tom's chest.

"It's amazing," he said as he stroked Alexander's hair gently.

Alexander just shook his head, squeaking as Tom lifted his head.

"Yes, it is, baby" he sighed.  "Can I see some of your other works?"

Alexander just shook his head, squirming slightly in Tom's arms as he tried to get away from him.

"What's wrong" he asked as he released him.

"I need to clean up" Alexander whispered as he gathered his paints together before lifting the canvas and putting everything in the closet. 

"You should be open about your skill.  It's amazing" Tom said, confused as he watched Alexander picking up.

Alexander's eyes just flashed slightly as he closed the door before heading to his room, shutting the door behind him.

"What are you doing" Tom asked, knocking on the door.

"I'm just going to change, relax" Alexander snapped slightly as he ran his hands over his face before going to pick out his clothes.

"Don't talk to me like that," Tom replied as he walked in, seeing that Alexander was only half dressed.

"Get out" Alexander squeaked, turning bright red again as he tried to button his shirt quickly, his hands shaking.

"Baby, let me help you" Tom sighed, walking over to the smaller man and brushed his hands away, buttoning the rest of his shirt quickly.

"T-Thank you" he whispered, looking away from Tom.

"What's wrong?  You seem off today" Tom asked gently.

"It's nothing" he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's obviously not nothing," Tom replied, his eyes narrowing slightly as he watched him.

"I think we need to go back to having a professional relationship" he sighed.

"And why is that" Tom asked, anger seeping into his voice.

"Because I can't take this.  It's like you want to control me and I can't bloody take it" he replied, his eyes going cold as he looked up at Tom.