VIII

"Good morning, Alexander.  I've been made aware that you are unwilling to disclose your other contact's name" Liam asked as he looked over at the exhausted boy.

"No I am not.  I'm sorry I can't" Alexander replied, not willing to look over at him.

"Why not" he asked gently.

"Because I'm still not over him" Alexander sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"How involved were you with him" he asked, pulling out a notepad.

"Very," Alexander said quietly.

"I take it you were possibly in love with him" he asked.

"I still am" Alexander sighed as he looked away again.

"Is Agent Hawthorn aware of this" he asked.

"Yes, we got in an argument the other day and it came out then" Alexander replied.

"That seems to be an odd thing to argue about" he asked, raising his eyebrow as he watched Alexander carefully.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything," Alexander said quickly, frustrated with himself for almost letting it slip.

"What is your relationship to Agent Hawthorn" he asked.

"He's my teacher and the agent assigned to my case" Alexander replied.

"And why were you arguing over a past relationship with him" he asked.

"We weren't arguing over that, it just happened to come up in conversation" Alexander squeaked.

"Why are you backpedaling now" he pressed as Alexander blushed slightly.

"Why are you questioning me" Alexander squeaked out.

"Why are you dating Agent Hawthorn," he asked.

"I-I'm not" Alexander squeaked, his cheeks heating even more.

"Why are you lying to me?  What we say here is confidential but the more I know, the more I can help you.  Let me help you" he replied.

"Nothing is going on between us" Alexander sighed.

"Alexander, tell me the truth," he said gently.

"I-I..." Alexander trailed off before taking a deep breath.  "It's nothing to worry about."

"So you are" he asked.

Alexander just sighed as he nodded.

"Are you happy with him," he asked.

"Most of the time, sometimes we argue but everything's fine" Alexander said, forcing a smile.

"Right.  You can tell me if you're not" he sighed, sensing his uneasiness.

"We got into a big fight last night but it's not important really" Alexander replied.

"Alexander, I suppose I should let you know that I've been appointed your legal tutor by Mr. Faustus" he said, "And by that definition, you have to tell me if you feel unsafe."

"Wait, hold up.  How, I'm eighteen" Alexander asked, confused.

"You do not have parents and are the sole provider for yourself.  This is simply a means to provide you some support so you do not become overwhelmed" he replied.

Alexander nodded as he said quietly, "Sometimes he's a bit physical but it's nothing out of the usual."

"Tell me about your fight last night" he said gently, putting the notepad away as he folded his hands together.