XII

"Wake up, baby" Ryan said softly as he shook Alexander awake the following morning.

"W-What" he asked tiredly as he looked up to see Ryan sitting beside him on the bed.

"It's breakfast time" Ryan said as he smiled slightly at him.

"I just want to sleep" he whined as he curled up into a tight ball.

"I know baby, but my father wants to talk to you more about the mission" Ryan sighed as he stroked Alexander's hair gently.

"I forgot that was tonight" he sighed but didn't make any move to get up.

"You have to get up though" Ryan said gently as he stood and grabbed a pair of clothes for him.

Alexander just shook his head as he closed his eyes but squeaked loudly as Ryan suddenly picked him up.

"Yes you do" Ryan laughed slightly as he set Alexander down before handing him his clothes.

"But I don't want to" he sighed as he slid on his clothes quickly.

"I know but again, you have to" Ryan smiled as he took his hand and walked out of the bedroom with him.

"Has he told you any more about the mission" he asked as they headed towards the dining room.

"Just that I will be going with you and Luke.  I guess I'm driving the getaway car and Luke will be going in with you" Ryan sighed as they walked in and sat at the table.

He nodded as he sat beside Ryan.  Alexander smiled weakly at Melanie as she walked in and sat down at the table.

"James will be down in a few minutes and he needs to speak with you both about the mission.  Stay safe, please" she said softly as she took a sip of her mimosa, looking out the window.

Alexander just nodded as Ryan reached out and took a hold of his hand beneath the table.

"Good morning, son, Alexander" James said as he walked in a few moments later and took his seat at the head of the table.

"Good morning" Ryan said tightly as Alexander just nodded.

Alexander sighed as he grabbed a cup of yogurt and a couple of apple slices. 

"Baby, I know you're not hungry but you need to eat more" Ryan whispered in his ear.

Alexander just sighed as he also grabbed a piece of toast, eating slowly as James watched him carefully and Melanie just looked at him sadly.

"Can I be excused for a few moments"  Alexander asked quietly, trying to block out how loud everything seemed all of a sudden.

"Yes, meet me in the library when you're finished" James said.

He just nodded as he got up from the table and walked quickly to the bathroom where he shut the door, locking it as he slid down the bathroom door.  He wound his fingers into his hair as he tried to calm down.  He took out his phone after not looking at it since before he had left to see he had forty missed calls from Tom and over a hundred unopened text messages.  He thought he had done the right thing, so why did it hurt so bad to see everything?  He finally opened his contacts app and clicked on Tom's name.  Tears slid down his face as he hit the call button and held it shakily up to his ear.

It didn't even get a chance to ring before Tom answered.

"Alexander?  Where are you" Tom asked as he ran down the hall towards the intelligence office so that he could track his IP address.

"I'm with them" he whispered into the phone as he tried to wipe away his tears with his other hand but they didn't seem to stop.

"We're coming to get you, baby, just hang on" Tom said frantically as he handed over his phone to Nathan who hooked it into his computer.