XVI

Alexander awoke that night screaming, still able to hear that haunting voice whisper to him about how he was just a disappointment and a failure to his parents. He closed his eyes as he tried to calm his racing heart and pressed his palms against his eyes to try and stop his tears.

"Alexander, are you okay" a voice asked from beside him.

He shook his head as he pulled his legs into his chest, turning away from the man beside him, not realizing that it was Tom and just thinking it was another client.

"Alexander, look at me" Tom begged as he sat up, setting his hand gently on Alexander's shoulder.

"Get away from me" Alexander yelled as he pulled the blanket tightly around himself, rolling away from him.

"Baby, what's wrong" Tom asked, really confused.

Alexander didn't answer as he curled up more, sobs racking his body.

"Alexander, please, talk to me," Tom begged.

"L-Leave me alone" he whispered.

"Alright, I think you probably need these" Tom sighed as he grabbed a bottle off the bedside table. He opened it and took a pill out before standing and walking to the other side of the bed. He crouched down beside Alexander and placed it in his hand. "Take this."

"Why" he squeaked quietly as he stared at the tiny white pill.

"It'll help calm you down," Tom said gently.

"I don't want it" he whispered, dropping the pill before rolling away from Tom.

"Alexander, stop being difficult" Tom sighed as he caught it, climbing back on the bed before climbing on top of him, straddling his waist as he held the pill out to him.

"Get the bloody hell off of me" he squeaked as he tried to squirm his way out from beneath Tom.

"Take the damn pill" Tom snapped and grabbed Alexander's wrists and pinned his arms above his head.

Alexander just shook his head, keeping his mouth closed as he turned his head.

"Stop fighting me, please" Tom sighed as he turned his head back gently.

"I'm fine. I don't need to take it" he squeaked as tears welled in his eyes again.

"Baby, you're panicking again, you need to take it" Tom replied.

"You're making me panic," he squeaked.

"I'm not the reason you're so upset. What's going on" Tom asked gently.

"It doesn't matter now let me go" he squeaked, starting to squirm again.

"It absolutely does matter. Now tell me what's wrong" Tom replied.

"I can't stop thinking about when I met Aidan, okay" he snapped as he tried to control his breathing.

"What did he do to you" Tom asked gently.

"I-I don't want to talk about i-it" he gasped as he fought harder to get free.

"Alexander, what's going on" Tom asked, growing more worried as he got off of Alexander.

Alexander stood up and, throwing on Tom's shirt that he had discarded earlier, he ran out of the room and out of the flat.

"Baby, where are you going" Tom yelled after him, grabbing the bottle off the table before chasing after him.

"Tom, what the hell is going on" William asked as he stepped out of his flat and into the hall.

"He keeps having panic attacks, Sir and he refused to take the medication that Dr. Madison prescribed for them" Tom replied before running off down the hall after Alexander.