VII

"Good morning, Alexander. My name is Liam and I am your attorney now" Liam said from where he sat across from Alexander.

"So you need me to tell you my life story when in reality you could just read it off the paper in front of you" Alexander asked tiredly, the dark circles under his eyes more prominent from hardly sleeping.

Liam faltered as Alexander's words hit like a slap to the face. "Alexander, I'm here to help you, not incriminate you."

"Funny, that's what they said too" Alexander sighed.

"Tell me how you got involved with them," he said, taking out a pen and a notebook.

"Following my parents' disappearance, I was looking through papers in their bedroom one night and found The Hosts' contact information. I called them in the hopes that they'd be able to help me make money to support Brendan and I" Alexander said.

"Why did you need extra money? I thought you had told Hawthorn that you had been left a lot in inheritance" he asked.

"Normally we would have been but they donated a bunch of money right before in the hopes that they would just make it back but then they disappeared and we were left with maybe £100,000 and that barely covered their debts. I sold the house and a lot of their valuables and then I got desperate and joined the organization" Alexander said quietly.

"How much of this did Brendan know, before he passed" he asked.

"Very little, I tried to shelter him as much as possible from all of it. Of course he knew some of it, but just that I had gotten a job that I couldn't talk about" Alexander sighed.

"Alexander, I don't know if I'm the first person to say this and actually mean it, but I'm so sorry for your losses" he said gently.

Alexander just nodded as he looked away from him.

"Who was your primary contact" he asked.

"His name was Matthew, he was my parents' contact and got me involved with the organization" Alexander replied.

"Was there anyone else who you were involved with" he asked, writing the name down.

Alexander started to say something but stopped and just shook his head.

"What's his name" he asked as he looked over to see Alexander had closed his eyes.

"It's not important," Alexander whispered.

"You need to tell me so that we can prosecute him," he said gently.

"I won't, I can't."

"You don't want him prosecuted" he asked, confused.

"No, I don't" Alexander responded as he stood up and walked towards the door.

"Withholding evidence isn't wise" he replied.

"I don't care" Alexander replied as he walked out of his office and towards Tom's office.

He sighed as he knocked on the door but then stopped as he could hear Tom talking to someone on the phone. He sighed as he leaned against the wall beside the door, just listening.

"What do you mean he wouldn't tell you his name? Who the hell is he protecting, Liam" Tom asked angrily as he paced his office.

"I don't know, he wouldn't tell me" Liam sighed through the phone.

"I'll try to get it out of him. Thank you" Tom sighed, annoyed as he ended the call and set his phone on the desk.

Alexander let out a deep breath as he knocked on the door again.

"There you are, we need to talk" Tom sighed as he let him in.

"What is it" he asked tiredly.

"What's his name" Tom asked, wrapped his arms around Alexander as he lifted him and pushed him into the wall.

"Whose" he asked, confused, wrapping his legs around Tom's waist.

"Don't play stupid. I know there's someone you aren't telling any of us about" Tom said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied, his eyes hardening as he looked up at him.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way and since I don't want to have to hurt you, just tell me" Tom replied, his anger rising at Alexander's blatant defiance.

"Maybe that excites me or at the very least it'd make me feel alive" he replied, laughing coldly.

"I don't think you know what you're playing with, baby. Just tell me, I'll reward you for it" Tom said, his voice going gentle in hopes that that would work.

"Really? I don't? If that's the case then why don't you show me."

"Do I need to punish you" he asked, a dangerous edge to his voice forming.

"I'm not a child, Tom and I suggest you don't treat me like one. Let me down" he replied.

"Why should I" Tom snapped.

"Because you don't own me" he sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Since when" Tom snapped.

"Since forever. I'm not looking for a dom, I can take care of myself just fine" he snapped, his anger getting the best of him.

"Clearly not if you're getting involved with a group like the Hosts" Tom replied coldly.

"Go to hell" he snapped, struggling against Tom's grip on his waist.

"Stop fighting me! Just tell me his bloody name" Tom yelled, shifting so that Alexander wouldn't be able to move at all.

"No" he squeaked angrily as tears welled in his eyes.

"Why not," Tom yelled.

"Because I love him" he yelled and then squeaked quietly at the deafening silence that followed.

Tom sighed before asking, "And when the hell were you going to tell me that you were still in love with someone else?"

"I wish I could let him go but I won't tell you his name" he sighed, leaning his head on the wall.

"I can force it out of you," Tom replied.

"I've been tortured before, give it your best shot" he sighed, closing his eyes.

"I had other ideas," Tom said, smirking slightly.

"I'm not interested," he replied tiredly.

"Why bother lying to me if you didn't want a relationship" Tom asked, annoyed again.

"Tom, I'm exhausted and grieving. For fuck's sake give me some time" he sighed.

"I will get his name out of you, one way or the other" Tom said, setting him down gently.

"What ever you have to tell yourself at night to sleep" he replied as he walked out of his office, feeling more numb than he had before.

He walked back to his flat and decided that maybe doing some school work would take his mind off the shit show that was his life. He sighed as he locked the door behind him and slid into his bedroom before sitting behind his desk. He opened his backpack and pulled out his Physics' book and started taking notes out of it, eventually getting lost in his work, not hearing Tom come in and sit behind him on the bed, watching him as he worked.