VI

"Alexander, are you alright?  You're shaking" Tom asked gently as he looked over to where Alexander was sitting.  They were waiting for Tom's boss to get there but he had yet to arrive.

"I'm fine," Alexander said quietly, trying to prepare himself for this.  He had never told anyone everything that he had done or that they had done to him and the thought of it terrified him.

"No you're not.  It'll be okay, he's not judgemental, I promise" he said softly as the door was thrown open.

"Alright, so you must be Alexander Faulkner" a rather tall man asked as he walked in.

"Yes, Sir" I said, struggling to keep my voice even as I stood and shook his hand.

"William Faustus.  Now Mr. Hawthorn has filled me in on some of the details of the work you were doing, would you care to elaborate" William asked as he sat behind his desk.

"What would you like to know" Alexander asked, sitting back down.

"Firstly, how did you get involved with them?  The Hosts aren't a very public organization and not one you would likely stumble across on accident" he said, pulling out a pen and a sheet of paper.

"They were colleagues of my parents.  I found their contact info. when searching through legal documents" Alexander said quietly as Tom looked over at him worriedly.

"Did you contact them" he asked.

"Yes, I was unaware of the nature of what they did at the time" Alexander sighed as he looked out the window.

"So you were unaware of the drug trading, human trafficking, and killing nature of the organization" he asked.

"Completely, Sir" Alexander replied.

"Then why join" he asked.

"I thought they may be able to help me find work" Alexander sighed.

"And did they" he asked.

"Yes, they did" Alexander said tiredly.

"Did you ever try to leave the organization?"

"Yes, within a week I wanted to leave."

"What happened when you tried to" he asked.

"They threatened to kill both Brendan and I" Alexander replied.

"What was the nature of your work with them?"

"To assist in making new contacts or breaking them" Alexander said quietly.

"What do those euphemisms stand for" he pressed.

"You know what they stand for" Alexander said, annoyed.

"What do they stand for, Alexander" he asked again.

"Why do I have to say it aloud" Alexander asked, his face burning in embarrassment.

"What do they stand for?"

"I was to make new contacts in any way possible and when we kicked people out of the organization it usually followed up with their death" Alexander whispered.

"What were some of the ways you made contacts" he asked.

"You know the ways, don't pretend you don't" Alexander snapped, running his hand through his hair.

"Tom, I thought you said he was cooperative."

"He is with me" Tom shrugged.

"Then you get it out of him" he said, annoyed.