8: Dinner and Bowling

My stomach was unbelievably hungry after sleeping through breakfast and lunch. And I wasted no time in getting ready and was ready within twenty minutes. We waited another twenty minutes before heading to the student union. During that time, I found out that Sara didn't wake up until about an hour before I woke up. Maybe it would be a good idea not to stay out so late again. About ten minutes of waiting in the union, the girls showed up. Seeing Sara, I couldn't believe how refreshed she looked. Her hair from her makeup had been done. She grinned and gave me a hug once she saw me. Crap, feeling her arms, I couldn't believe how soft her skin was.

"We saved a table," announced Roger. "And I was thinking of just going to the buffet.

We all agreed to that idea. I stood right behind Sara as she piled grapes onto her plate. And I'm not kidding when I say there were at least fifty grapes.

"Getting enough grapes there?" I joked. 

"She blushed, bit her lip, and looked at me with no answer."

While I piled up on the sliced oranges, Sara threw a grape at my head and laughed like a dying hyena. In turn, I threw an orange slice at her. Once Sara had her food, she made her way to the drink station and attempted to pour Vitamin Water in her cup. Nothing came out and the cashier apologized for being out of the drink. She ended up not getting a drink and paid for her food. Once it was paid for, she zoomed off to the table. Lucky for me, there was plenty of plain water. When I got back to our table, Sara was there with her glass full of orange juice.

"I ran to the Health Store to look for Vitamin Water. They Didn't have it, but they had the second-best drink which was Heart Healthy Orange Juice." She took a sip and winked at me. 

Roger and Karla soon joined us. And before anyone ate another bite of their food, Sara took the liberty of blessing our food. Once the prayer ended, we all dug in. Before Sara ate a bite, she quickly reached into her pocket and grabbed a pill only to put it into her mouth and swallow it down with the orange juice. Nobody said anything. I don't think anybody besides me noticed. Why did she pop a pill? Was it an Advil? Was she in pain? If I was taking a pill, I wouldn't have hidden it from anyone.

"So, you guys actually made it back to campus," stated Roger. "I honestly thought Jimmy here was going to call me for a ride home. Must have been a good walk."

"Was it a good walk?" asked Karla. "What did you guys do?"

"It was basically a nice chilly night walk," declared Sara. "We just talked and made a few jokes. We also hung at the park a little bit. Jimmy is great company." She patted her hand on my shoulder. A few seconds later, she threw another grape at me leaving Karla to chuckle.

We continued talking and eating. We talked about the classes that we would be starting tomorrow. It turned out, I shared a class with Sara. We had an English class together on Tuesdays and Thursdays at three in the afternoon. Sara also shared a math class with Karla. Our conversation soon turned to our hate for math and the weird teachers that we had in the past.

Once we were done eating, we headed for the bowling alley. To my surprise, Sara picked out the smallest and the most weightless bowling ball. On the other hand, I took the biggest and heaviest bowling ball. It didn't seem that Roger and Karla were as interested in bowling. Yes, they did bowl but most of their attention went to Roger's Phone. Both of them laughed at pictures and videos. We made it to our third round of bowling and it was time for Sara to make her move. Once again she put the ball on the floor and sat down to let her feet kick it to the pins. Strike! Not a bad strategy, but she had no knowledge of the right way.

"I take it you don't know how to bowl?" I asked.

She licked her lips and scratched her face. "A little. I was never a great bowler."

"Today's the day you're going to learn."

I instructed her to stand next to me in order to show her how bowling was done. With my thumb going into the bottom hole, my middle finger and ring finger went into the top two holes. My hands were positioned for the holding of the ball. Once I had the ball in the correct position, my back was straightened, my shoulders were centered, and my knees were bent. Wanting Sara to copy what I was doing, she positioned herself in the position that I was in. And I could've sworn that I heard a farting noise come from her. Right before her own eyes, I aimed my ball towards the pins. Each pin was taken down leaving me a strike.

"Think you can do that?" I smiled.

She playfully stuck her tongue out at me. Once it was her turn again, she tried to do everything that I taught her to do. Sure, she failed a couple of times but she was able to do it. I even put my body against hers to get her in a perfect bowling position. For a brief moment, I could hear her beating heart. Something also felt off about one of her arms. Once she was ready, she was able to bowl like a pro and made a strike. We both screamed jumping up a couple of times and gave each other a hug. As the game went on, we were on our final round. Sara picked up her ball and tried to put herself in the correct position. My eyes quickly noticed that her legs were getting a little wobbly. In fact, her arms were shaking. She was moments away from dropping the ball on her feet. I couldn't let her do this. Before I had a chance to stop her, she put her ball on the floor.

"I can't do it," she began breathing heavily. "I need to sit down."

She sat down and drank her orange juice while taking another pill. To help Sara, I sat on the floor and kicked the ball towards the pins.

Another sweet chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Any thoughts on Sara's struggle with bowling?

Should Jimmy be worried about Sara's pill?

This chapter is dedicated to santamariella. Thanks for taking the time to read and support this story!