9: Spring Semester

My alarm went off at six in the morning. I felt refreshed and interestingly enough, there were no bad dreams that night. It was almost a miracle. In fact, it was a welcomed miracle.

"You doing OK?" asked my roommate who was also getting out of bed.

"Yeah, I'm doing good." No lie there.

He let me take a shower first. Once I got out of the shower and was fully ready, I noticed that a text from Sara had come through. No time was wasted in opening it.

"Godspeed Jimmy! Happy First Day!" She was quite a character.

"Goodspeed to you too," I responded. Why not just wish me good luck?

I found myself in my first class at seven-thirty that morning. What sucked the most was that it was a science class. Just what everyone wants. An early morning science class. There were at least three hundred other people in this class who were likely suffering.

"Hello everyone," announced the science professor in a bored voice. "Welcome to Earth Science. I'm Professor McDonald your professor. Today we're going to look at the syllabus." The poor guy looked like he had been in this position for at least forty or fifty years.

The syllabus was projected on the screen. And unlike any of the professors during the fall semester, he read it word for word. Looking around me, I could see a couple of people falling asleep. In front of me, someone was already taking notes on their laptop. Crap, this class was ninety minutes. After what felt like an eternity, the class eventually came to an end. Nobody wasted any time in getting out of there. I even found myself crashing on my bed once I got back to my dorm.

At noon, I found myself sitting in a math class. This class was every day of the week and was only fifty minutes. There were another few hundred people in this class with me.

"Hello everyone!" shouted the professor who had a strange accent. "I am Professor Man your Algebra Professor. Welcome to Algebra."

He also presented the syllabus on his screen and went all over the place. It was unclear what he was talking about or if I would even be able to pass the class.

"How are your classes so far?" asked Roger as he ate his lunch at his desk while I laid down.

"Not very promising," I sighed. "My Earth Science Professor seems bored out of his mind while my math professor has an accent I can't understand. It'll probably be the death of me."

He laughed and took a sip of his drink. "Yeah, I had Professor Man last semester.  Remember what I said about him yesterday? He's an easy grader. Everyone passes that class. You got nothing to worry about."

It was finally time for English Class. I had been texting Sara like crazy within the twenty minutes before class. About five minutes before class, I was one of the first ones to show up. A few other students followed themselves in. My eyes were staring at the wall.

"Hey Jimmy," greeted Sara who found a seat next to me. My heart pounded a few times. "Fancy seeing you here," She grinned.

After feeling tired most of the day, all of my tiredness was gone. "Yeah, have you been having a Godspeed Day?"

"Yeah, it's been pretty Godspeed. You?"

"It hasn't been that Godspeed for me," I shrugged.

"Welcome to your English Class!" shouted the professor walking in with a microphone. The class cheered in excitement. "I'm professor Davis! But Mr. Davis was my father! Just call me Joe! The class cheered again. 

"I've heard a lot of good things about this class," whispered Sara.

"I like big butts and I cannot lie." 'Baby Got Back' began playing and Joe began dancing.

"Come on everyone! Get up and shake your butts."

Maybe it was true. Perhaps this really was a good class. I found myself standing up to shake my butt and move my arms with Sara. There were a couple of times when our butts hit. Joe soon began clapping and instructed the class to do the same. This all lasted a good ten minutes. If I wasn't awake yet, I was surely awake by now.

"Alright class, happy spring semester. A little thing about me, I like to start each class with a little dance session. It's going to be a fun semester. Let's take a look at the syllabus now."

The syllabus was actually a series of videos. In one of the videos, one of Joe's Kids explained the grading system for the class. Everyone awed at the adorable kid.

In the blink of an eye, the five o'clock hour was here and the class was over. I followed Sara outside who found herself dancing out of class and trying to rap. That ended when she was outside.

"You feeling Godspeed for some dinner?" asked Sara who was hoping I would say yes.

"Let's do it." Wish granted.

Her face lit up and we ate at her dorm as the two of us ended up getting Panda Express for dinner to celebrate the start of the semester. While we were in her dorm, Karla was with Roger at our dorm.

"Have you ever watched 'The Office' before?" asked Sara with a mouth full of food.

"I saw the first season," I replied with no food in my mouth. "Couldn't really get into it. I hated everything about Michael Scott."

She instantly stood up to pick up the remote. "Only the first season?" She turned on the television and went straight to Netflix. "You should really start with the second season. That's where it gets good. The Dundie awards episode is a classic."

"And if it's not good, you're paying for my next meal at the union."

It didn't take long Sara to have the show ready to view on Netflix. "You're on," she evilly grinned. "And if this is the best thing you ever saw, you owe me a lunch at Denny's."

"That is pretty oddly specific, but I accept." We both shook on it and got busy watching 'The Dundies.'

For about half the episode, I found myself lightly chuckling. Michael Scott in the second season was a million times better compared to the first season. This was pretty watchable. And I loved how Sara awed every time Jim and Pam were on screen. It was cute. Part of me hoped that they would get together. Once the episode was over, we watched another episode and a third.

Another sweet and wonderful chapter without any darkness! Hope you enjoyed it! Remember to comment, vote, and share! Have a Godspeed day!

Do you wish you had Professor Davis as your professor?

Thoughts on Jimmy and Sara having a class together?

Have you seen 'The Office?' If so, do you like it?

This chapter is dedicated to Bookworm_Love4me Thanks for reading and enjoying this story!