21: Have No Fear

There I stood at my grandpa's house in the middle of summer. I decided to walk on over to the river. The river flowed normally on that hot day. My hand touched the river. As my hand touched the river, my eyes caught notice of Emily and my grandpa who were both now a ghost. Emily cried and wanted a hug. I gave her that hug, but her tears grew worse. At that moment, my eyes began watering. My sister stopped crying only to say something disturbing.

"It's your turn, Jimmy."

She stepped away from our hug and pushed me into the river only to laugh. I cried out to my grandpa to save me but he would not move. A hand quickly formed out of the water came and out of the river to grab me.

"Goodbye, brother."

There wasn't anything I could do, except to drown in that warm blue water.

My body was covered in sweat when I woke up only for it being hard to breathe. Looking around me, I noticed everything was fine. The only thing out of place was my roommate not being in his bed asleep. Where was he? Checking the time, it was at about twenty minutes until six in the morning. Not wanting to sleep anymore, I left my dorm and headed to the park near the campus and sat on the swings. About an hour later, Sara found me there and sat on the swing next to me.

"Another bad dream?" She asked. I nodded.

After telling her about the dream, she stood up from the swing and helped me out of it. Standing up, she placed her soft lips against my lips making sure I knew it would OK and wouldn't stop. Once she did stop, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the union for breakfast.

We both had cereal and water once we got back to the union for breakfast.

"You know Jimmy," she began. I think I know the real problem you're having. You might have a fear of water. By water, I mean pools, lakes, rivers, and all that jazz. Losing your grandfather and sister in the river has caused you to fear water. So the hate you have for snow is actually a fear of water because snow is frozen water."

That had to be the most mind-boggling thing I had ever heard. Maybe it was true. "Uh, OK. Sure."

"Hear me out on this. I know it's a little crazy, but you know how I have a fear of fire?" She pulled out a piece of paper and tried creating a map to help me understand. "That is why I love the snow because it is frozen water and water can take out the fire." I took a large gulp of water and she took notice. "I think that is why you also like to only drink water. Deep down, you have power over a glass of water because it is small and not big like a lake or river. In a way, you are trying to conquer fear by drinking water. A small part of why I drink Vitamin Water is because deep down, I want to take down my fear of fire. I am conquering my fear of something that can actually destroy my fear.

Looking at the map, I kind of understood what she was talking about. "You planning on becoming a therapist?" I joked.

"My dad is actually a psychologist," she smiled and licked her tongue. "Anyways, after church, we should head over to the indoor pool. I want you to try and swim."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Did she want me to swim? Was she crazy? Is this something a girlfriend would actually do? None the less, I agreed to do it.

...

It was a blessing that afternoon to have the indoor pool to ourselves. Once I was in my swimsuit, I walked out of the changing room. Sara's eyes widened when she noticed my abs. Getting closer to her, her face blushed. With an inch between us, she placed her finger on my chest and moved down as she bit her lips. After she took a deep breath, her feet stepped back.

"You ready to face your fear?"

"No. Can you swim with me?"

She laughed and placed a quick kiss on my lips. "If anything goes wrong, I'll be there for you. Remember that night on the walk when I told you that I was a lifeguard in the summer?" My head nodded. "Well, I was a lifeguard."

Sticking my tongue out at her, I found myself on the diving board. The plan was to swim all the way to the shallow end. I looked at the pool from the diving board. It was a long way down. Taking a step, my foot began shaking. Standing right next to the edge of the diving board, I took the deepest breath that I could and tried closing my eyes. But I couldn't close them with Emily standing next to me,

"I hope you die in this pool, Jimmy. Sara doesn't know what she's doing"

"Shut up," I whispered and immediately jumped into the pool without thinking.

Once in the pool, my arms began doing the work and swam for their life. I had to make sure my back was in the correct position. Emily swam with me claiming that she hoped I would die. Screaming, my body moved faster trying to get to the shallow end. Once I got there, I forgot how to swim and fell into the water. My surroundings were dark. Nearly drowning, Sara quickly stripped into her bikini and dived into the deep end. The next thing I knew, I was laying on the ground with water being pumped out of my lungs.

Tears were running down her eyes and she smiled leaving me to do the same. Crap, she looked amazing in her bikini. My brain couldn't get over her figure. When she began kissing me, my head grew lightheaded with her soft and smooth skin against my skin. My entire body tingled. What was this power she had over me?

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Jimmy and Sara as a couple! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Do you think Sara will be able to help Jimmy?

Do you think swimming will help Jimmy get over his problem?