28: Spring Break Life

Sara spent the rest of her spring break at home catching up with old friends as Dr. Parker had to go back to work. Sara offered me to stay with her for the rest of the spring break and meet all her old friends. Not really wanting to do that, I decided to go home, but ended up going back to the campus once I reached my house. My parents or anyone else in my family would've never guessed that I had stopped by. And they were never going to know. Upon my return to campus, I felt like I was in a ghost town. Never had I seen the campus this empty. Most food places were closed or had limited hours. On my way to my dorm, I saw two people. Getting food at the student union, there were three other people also getting food. At this point, I began wondering if I should've just stuck with Sara. Oh well, it was kind of nice to be alone. Finishing my dinner, I began walking to my dorm, but instead of going there, I decided to stop by the ice cream shop for ice cream. The moment I stepped inside, my eyes caught notice of Roger and Kim. They were sitting at a table sharing a banana split and laughing like little children. Unsure of what to do, I snuck my way to the cash register and made my order which was a simple plain vanilla ice cream cone.

"How was the banana split?" asked Roger with a giant smile. He placed his hand on her hand which was on the table.

"It was amazing. I'm so glad you convinced me to try one."

Sitting a few tables away from them, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Everything I saw at the movies just a few days prior seemed to be everything that I was suspecting. He was dating Kim which meant he was cheating on Karla. And from what I knew, Karla was still convinced that they were still together. Was I supposed to do anything about this? Taking out my phone, I recorded them being flirty. This lasted another good ten minutes. All the evidence that I needed was at the tip of my fingers. Once they were done being flirty, they walked out of the shop.

"Why are you doing this Roger?" I quietly asked myself.

Not wanting to follow them, I went back to my dorm and headed straight to bed and fell asleep.

There I stood at the dried-up river where Emily died. Nothing but dust and dirt surrounded my feet. The path I was taking was unclear.

"Where are you going Jimmy?" asked Emily who appeared to be much older. "Your place is right here. You're going to die here sooner or later."

Ignoring her, I calmly kept walking trying to find my way out of this deep hole.

"Don't you get it?" she continued. "You let me die. It was all your fault. Because of your stupid decision, I died because of you."

I began to see a metaphorical light at the end of the tunnel. Finding a few steps, my legs took joy and attempted to step out of the dusty dried river. From a distance, my eyes noticed Sara. Once out of the hole, I got closer only to notice she was getting married. She stood right next to Conner and kissed him. She was now a wife.

"You really screwed up brother," continued Emily who stood next to me. "Your careless actions led Sara back to Conner. You didn't deserve her."

In the audience, I noticed Roger and Kim together. Karla was one of the bridesmaids.

"Is this because of Roger cheating on Kim?" I asked with no answer from Emily.

Click! The sound of the doorknob woke me up. And within a split second, I covered myself up with my blanket hoping not to be noticed by my cheating roommate. Roger and Kim walked in together laughing and giggling like idiots. Neither of them noticed the lump on my bed that was me. Roger was too busy pushing Kim against his bed. He began kissing her lips several times. This led to him kissing her around her body and she began to moan a couple of times.

Like a spy, I was able to get a picture of what was going on through my phone. Once I had the picture, I took a look at it. I couldn't believe how disturbing the picture was. It was obvious how much passion he had for Kim. My heart began sinking. This was really happening. My eyes slowly started to water in this cold hard reality.

After a night of sleeping, I woke up to the sound of the lovebirds laughing on the bed of Roger. They began talking about their day and what they were going to do. Once they were done talking, they headed straight to the bathroom and got into the shower together. Was it possible that they actually did it last night? Sigh, I couldn't be here any longer and hopped out of bed and rushed out of the dorm. The rest of my spring break was spent in my car watching the video I got at the ice cream shop. Obsessive? Just a bit. On the night of Sunday, I began to notice people returning to campus. It occurred to me that returning to my dorm would probably be fine. Roger would likely know that I'm there and not get lovey and physical with Kim. On my way back to the dorm, I began hoping that things would return to normal and we could all live our lives without anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I could forget all of this had happened and we could continue going on double dates. It didn't sound too bad to me.

"Hey, Jimmy!" greeted Karla. "How was your spring break?" 

Oh crap, Karla returned back to campus. Out of everyone to be the first one to greet me, it was Karla. Why couldn't it have been Sara? Why wasn't she looking for me? At the moment, I realized that Karla asked me a question that hadn't yet been answered.

"Oh, it was good. Faced that fear of mine and jumped a waterfall thanks to Sara's dad."

She smiled. "That sounds good. Are you able to help me with a heavy suitcase in my trunk?"

With that, I picked up one of her heavy suitcases and we headed to her dorm. My heart began beating fast in desperate hopes that I wouldn't have to talk to her. My mouth wanted to talk about Roger.

It seems like Jimmy is in a bit of a pickle. Let's hope he can get out of it. Thanks for reading! Remember to comment, vote, and share!

Should Jimmy have stayed with Sara over spring break?

How do you feel about Roger cheating on Karla?

Does Jimmy need to tell Karla about what's going on with Roger?