Jealous (Angst)

~*Hux's POV*~

My relationship with 'Kylo Ren' had ended a year ago on this very day. He had left me to rule the galaxy, all alone, because of family issues. Every night I lied awake crying out his name wishing it could be different. I wished I went and joined him, but my loyalty was to The First Order.

I loved that man more than anyone, and now as I stand on the battlefield and watch him rip threw my troops I can't help but shed a tear. I watched as his muscles flexed and relaxed. He didn't see me, but I knew he could feel me. I wanted so much to strut over to him and lay a kiss on his soft lips. To try and change his mind, to make him come back to me and Millicent.

I knew he wouldn't come back. My troopers protected me as I watched a woman come and place a hand on his shoulder. He looked happy, he looked to be hers. Tears now stained my face, burning my eyes. I wiped them away and parted the troopers. My white and gold uniform flowing behind me as I approached them.

"Ben Solo..." he turned around and his face fell to one of sadness. "Armitage." I bit my lip in anger trying to keep myself from breaking. "That's Supreme Leader Hux to you." Ben nodded, "I thought I heard you took my position after I left."

"Yes, I did take your place, and I did damn well in it. I did better than you ever would. My troops are stronger than ever." I spat in a voice that made him cringe. "I didn't want to leave you Armi. I... I just had to leave, it was then or never. I would have been stuck there forever." His words stung. "And what was so bad about staying there with me? I woke up that morning and you were gone. My bed was cold, the room stripped of your items. You were my everything and you deprived me of it. You took away my world and left heartbreak, denial, misery, and pain"

"It was never about you Armitage. I missed my family."

"I was your family! I loved you! And GODDAMMIT I still do! You are like an infection in my brain, you never left my mind! At first, I wished you well, but it hurt me every time I had to get up and sit in the chair that belonged to you. The throne you deserved after all of those years of fighting! I heard the news of you killing my people and I didn't hate you, I fought the thought of joining you countless times. But I didn't, because I knew you'd just get up and leave me again. I'm jealous of the way you are happy without me! I blamed myself for so many nights. All I do is cry behind this scowl because I know I'll never forget the feeling of your body against mine. The way you tasted on my lips. You might move on but I never will. You were the first one to show me true love, and you didn't just leave a handprint on my heart, you left a footprint."

I felt like we were the only ones on that godforsaken battlefield. As I spilled out my heart towards this man he just looked more and more hurt, the girl behind him confused. "You still love me... after all I've done?" I was infuriated! That's all he took from that speech? I held back another lecture and sighed. "Of course I do Ben." I looked down at the blood-stained ground. I felt a familiar warmness that engulfed my body.

I looked up and saw the old Knight hugging me. His hand were on the back of my head pushing me into his chest. "I always missed your speeches. But you know I can't join you... and you can't join me, so what do we do." I pushed him off of me. "I know what I need to do." Ben looked at me with hope. "What's that?" I sighed. "Get rid of what infects you."

I pulled out my blaster and shot the woman behind Ben. He gasped and ran to aid the girl, "REY! Why would you do that?!"

"I needed to remind you what true rage was, and then maybe one day when you see your fleet has fallen, you'll see that I am all you have. All you'll ever have." I turned on my heel and got out of there as quickly as possible. I sat on my throne. "Stop pretending that we are weak. Call out order 66." It was an order that was so familiar to me the words rolled off my tongue as if they had no meaning. As if they weren't about to murder everything Ben Solo cared about. I smirked in satisfaction knowing he would come back...

Millicent jumped on my lap and I rubbed her head. "Don't worry Milli... daddy's coming home."

A/N: Inspired by the song Jealous, by Labrinth.