It's Over Isn't It

A/N: Inspired by The Song 'It's Over Isn't It', and 'She's Always A Woman'. Enjoy!

The spy that so many people had talked about now stumbled into a ship. He had one destination, the Resistance base. He sat down and tore off the extra bandage that was tightly wrapped around his chest. He started up the ship and was finally free from The First Order.

He arrived and was swarmed by people. The hatch of the ship opened and Poe stepped in. "Back up! It's General Hux!" Everyone gasped, and Hux struggled and handed Poe his ring, the ring that only true Resistance allies had. Poe was confused, "I... I am the... spy..." Poe then remembered who saved them. "Get him to the medical bay NOW!" They picked up Hux and took him to the medical bay.

They fixed his bandages, Hux didn't do it correctly, not having the correct materials. They gave Hux his own room and he discarded his uniform and put on Resistance clothing. "Hux, you are summoned into a meeting with Poe." Hux nodded and took a deep breath. He walked towards the conference room with ease, clinching a note in his hand.

He sat down at the table and everyone's eyes were on him. He rolled his eyes and gave Poe the letter. Poe looked over it and then back at Hux. "Leia gave you this?" He nodded. "It's her handwriting, and you know it is." He looked at the people at the table. "Everyone, welcome our new General, General Armitage Hux of the Resistance."

People gasped and Rey walked in, Hux's cocky persona turned to one of worry when he didn't see Ben Solo. "What is he doing here!?" Rey asked noticing Hux. Poe handed Rey the note, "It's the truth, that's her exact writing. We are now under the command of him." Rey looked back up at Hux. "I will not answer to you!"

Hux bit the inside of his mouth. "Where is Ben Solo?" He asked trying to control his uneasy voice. Rey looked down at the ground and everyone looked around nervously. "Ben Solo is no longer with us..." Hux's scowl twitched, he ran his finger over his ring. "What happened?" Rey glanced up at him, "He... he transferred his life force to me, so I could live." Hux's eyes searched her face frantically. He closed his eyes tightly, shook his head, and stormed out the door.

He walked to his room and slammed the door. He did all he could, scream. Tears of rage spilled down his face as he threw a lamp to the wall. The door opened and he turned around. Rey stood in the doorway. "What do you want?" He mumbled. She stepped in and stood in front of him, "Why do you care if he's gone?" Hux sighed and his fist clenched.

"I was fine with the women who would come into his life now and again. I was fine because I knew that they didn't really matter," he turned on his heel and looked up at Rey, "Until you." He crossed the room and stared out the window staring at the sky.

"I was fine when you came, and we fought like it was all some silly game. Over him, who he'd choose, and after all those years, I'd never thought I'd lose." Rey looked out the window with him. "It's over now. All the sacrifices, all the pain, all the torment. It's all gone. You won, and he choose you, and he loved you, and he's gone." He used his sleeve to wipe away his tears. Rey was silent not knowing what to say. "It's over isn't it, why can't I move on." His fingers danced on the window frame.

Rey realized what he was talking about, "You were in love with him?" Hux looked down at the floor and pushed away from the window going back to walking around the room. "War and glory, reinvention, freedom, his attention. Out in daylight, his potential. He was bold I was precise. But we were both.... experimental. One night changed the way I saw him. He was no longer an annoying teenager, no he was an amazing, but torn man." He pushed his hair behind his ear.

"Experimental? You mean?" Hux nodded. "And who am I now in this world without him?" He looked across the room and picked up the shattered lamp. "Petty and Dull with a nerve to doubt him." Rey put a hand on his shoulder. "He still lives in us all."

Hux shook his head, "What does it matter, it's already done." He then looked at her stomach, "And now I have to be there for his son." Rey looked at Hux confused. "That was his last action, giving you his son. He's gone, and he didn't love me, and now I have to protect all of his family's work."

"But I can't have a baby. Let alone his baby. What if I fail, like my parents, like his parents." Hux stood, "Why do you think I'm going to help. I may have worked for The First Order my entire life, but that doesn't mean that I am loyal to them. I didn't risk my life for you to give up."

Rey sighed and pulled a letter out of her pocket. She handed it to Hux, he hesitated but then opened the letter. He shuttered as he immediately recognized the handwriting.

He can kill with a smile, he can wound with his eyes. And he can ruin your faith with his causal lies. But he only reviles what he wants you to see, he hides like a child but he's always been a man to me.

Hux looked up at Rey, "He gave you this?" She nodded, "Keep reading."

He can lead you to love, he can take you or leave you. He will ask for the truth but never believe you. Oh, he takes care of himself, and he never gives in, he just changes his mind. And he'll promise you more than the garden of Eden, but then he'll carelessly cut you and laugh while your bleeding.

Hux then realized who this letter was addressed to. It wasn't to him, it was to Rey.

But he'll bring out the best and the worst you can be. But he'll then help you and patch you up. He may seem cold, and he'll seem he doesn't care for you, but he does, and he always will. He's not frequently kind, and sometimes he's cruel. But he'll get away with anything because you know he loves you. He's no one's fool, he didn't even belong to me. I hope you are nice to him, take care of my General, will you? Don't tell him I love him, it would destroy him. But if you ever feel anything for him, let him know that you love Armitage before it's too late. It's the only thing I regret. -Ben Solo.

Hux looked at the name for a while, Ben Solo. The man he so desperately loved, loved him back. He was not complete. All he had to do was make him proud. "He loved me..." Rey smiled, "He loved me because we are related. He loved you because you were soulmates." Hux sighed in relief and folded the letter. "Thank you Rey."
————
Three years later!

"Daddy Hux!!!" A tiny redhead stumbled towards Hux. He smiled and picked up the child. Once Rey had the kid she sadly passed away in childbirth. Hux took the kid and raised him as his own. Later in a dream, he received a message from Ben that it was their child, being a combination of both Hux's and Ben's DNA.

He was truly his father and he loved AJ more than anything. "Good morning my Anakin Benjamin." Anakin was a name that Ben wanted, and Hux wanted him to always be reminded of his father. So Hux compromised and named him Anakin Benjamin Solo JR. Hux bounced the kid on his lap. Poe walked into the room following AJ. "I'm sorry, I knew you were working but he just wanted to see you." Hux smirked, "It's alright I needed a pickup anyway." Poe smiled.

Poe was there for Hux when no one was. In beginning everyone hated Hux, and he expected that. But Poe respected him. "Alright General Hugs... I'm going to go tinker my ship. See you tonight." Hux rolled his eyes. He hated the nickname but loved it at the same time. "Goodbye Poe." AJ turned back to Hux. He stared back at him with those beautiful dark eyes, "Daddy?" Hux looked at him and raised his eyebrow.

AJ jumped down from Hux's lap and pulled his sleeve. Hux turned around in his chair. His mouth fell open. "Ben..." A dark figure stood tall, he wore Jedi robes and smiled. "Armitage." Hux was breathless. "Daddy, who is that?" Hux tried so hard not to shed tears, "That son, is your father."