Chapter five: New haircut

Colby shakes me, "wake up, Y/n!" He says, whining, I whine back and wave a hand

"Go away."

"I'll get Jake." He says sternly.

"DO IT YOU WON'T!" I say, pulling the covers over my head. I heard him walk out of the room.

A few minutes passed till I felt someone pull the covers off of me, I whine "go away!"

"I got called in here to wake you up, now get up before I drag you out of bed." I hear Jake's voice say. I lay there not moving I feel him wrap his arm around my waist and pull me up into a sitting position.

"Your mean," I say, crossing my arms, as Colby comes back and smiled brightly at me. "Your the meanest," I say, looking away from Colby and Jake.

"Just get dressed so we can go," Colby says.

"I should go get dressed," Jake says, walking out.

I get up and go into the bathroom and change.

I come out and go to grab my suitcase but see it's gone, 'Colby, Jake or Sam must have grabbed it,' I think to myself

I come out and go to grab my suitcase but see it's gone, 'Colby, Jake or Sam must have grabbed it,' I think to myself. I shake the thought away and go downstairs.

"What is it with you and goth clothes now?" Elton asks me.

"She wasn't always like this?" Corey asked.

"No, she uses to wear pastel purple and blue type clothes." He replies.

"People change after heartbreak," I say when I hear the car horn honk. "That's my cue, bye guys!" I mean, rubbing out the door in the backseat of the car.

~In Jake's house~

"What is up, everyone! Today we are going to be going to the haunted abandoned warehouse here in Kansas." Sam and Colby say together.

"I wasn't aware of this..." I mumbled, and Jake laughed a bit. "I will bite you if you laugh at my nonsense again," I say, looking back at Jake with a smile, and he laughs a little again.

~after getting settled in Sam and Colby's house.~

"What happened last night after we left you and Jake alone?" Sam asks, putting his things away.

"Nothing, we just talked is all," I say, sitting on the beanbag chair as Jake comes in the room.

"You guys have a lot of stuff, surprisingly, not Y/n." I giggle a bit.

"You wanna do that thing that we talked about last night while Sam and Colby get their stuff unpacked?" Jake asks me, smiling. I nod and walk over to Jake.

"Bye. Guys!" I say, waving they look at me like 'what are you doing.'

Jake takes me to his house, and dyes my hair and his mom cuts it.

I smile, "I love it!"

"I'm glad you do, say, are you Jake's girlfriend?" She asks me, Jake in the other room to where he couldn't hear.

"I-I no..." I say, sighing looking dejected.

"You like him, don't you?" She asks me, messing with my hair.

"I... yeah... I do, but I know he's way out of my league." I say, laughing lightly.

"I say you tell him. You never know what could happen." She tells me, I sigh.

"Maybe one day." I say, getting up, "thanks for this." I mean, giving her 10 dollars.

"You don't have to pay me!" She says, smiling.

"I want to, you didn't have to do this for me, but you did," I say, giving her the $10 bill, and she takes it gratefully.

"Well, thank you, sweetie." She says kindly.

I nodded and looked at Jake, blushing slightly.

"You like him a lot... of you don't tell him by the time you guys leave for Los Angeles. I will." She says sternly.