Chapter nine: long distance

A few months had passed since Jake and I got together, we started going on dates and things but I had to move away from jake for about a year for my job, I was heartbroken and so was Jake or so I though he would be.

"A year?!" Jake yelled pissed off. "If your gone that long we might as well just break up now!" He says walking away from me. Tears poured down my face, I wasn't expecting him to react like that, and if he reacted like that, how would the rest of the house?

I went upstairs and started packing away, Jake and I were the only ones home the rest of the house went out to eat for lunch. I was done packing after a few hours when I heard the downstairs door open. They were home, I could no longer leave in secret, I grabbed my things and went through bathroom to Sam's room and slipped out the window, they couldn't know I was leaving.

Wouldn't they feel the same as Jake?

I ran over to my car and started it, the boys were confused as they came back outside and saw my car gone.

I started my long drive to Paris, France.

~At Paris~

I have 30 miscalls from Elton, 35 from Colby, 21 from Corey, 5 from Aaron and 0 from Jake...

Jake was seriously mad at me, I couldn't figure out why. I shook it away for now as I got my stuff and rolled it into my new apartment that I was sharing with a boy named Alec.

I rolled my suitcase into the apartment building, got my key and went to the elevator, room 204 I got off the elevator on the second floor and got to my room, I unlocked the door and calm me in looking around "Alec, are you here?" I ask.

No response

I guess he was out, I take my suitcase into my room and get set up, finally my own room. I don't have to share with Colby anymore, although sharing with Colby was better then sharing with Elton.

Ring ring ring I looked at my phone, Devyn was calling me, I sighed and answered

Ring ring ring
I looked at my phone, Devyn was calling me, I sighed and answered. "Hello?" I say as question.

"Where are you girl, you've been gone for hours! It's almost night!" She says

I laughs a little, "really cause its not even close to night here. It like what 5:30 for you, it's 2:30 for me." I say giving away I was somewhere else.

"Where are you?" Devyn asks cautiously.

"France.. Paris France. I had to come here for my job." I say bracing myself for the same reaction as Jake's.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've gave you a big hug! Does Jake know? You should bring me back something! How long will you be there...?" She ask the last question making her sad.

"A year..." I say dejectedly.

"I see... being me back something, and we should video call at least once a week!" She says, I could tell she had a bright smile plastered on her face.

"Your not mad?" I ask.

"What? Why would I be- did Jake get mad at you...?" She asks.

"H-he.. he ended it, he said the time I was away would be too long and he said we shouldn't be together pretty much.." I say tearing up.

"I'm so sorry! I wish I could help... please be safe and I'll talk to you later!"

"Will do.." I say sighing.

We both hang up the call and I go into the kitchen and start making supper.