Chapter thirteen: The hospital

I woke up in a hospital bed. I looked around. Nobody was there. 'How did I get here?' I asked in my head. I shook the thought away and looked around there was a window to my left and the door to my right, there was also a small bathroom ahead of me and to the right. I looked down at my arm and saw it was bandaged. I bit my lip lightly. My phone rang, and a nurse came in, "oh! Your awake, how are you feeling?" She asked me I shrugged. She looked at my phone, and I picked it up and saw it was Elton. I shook my head and declined the call.

"I'll be right back." The nurse said, walking out of my room and closing the door. I looked up at the ceiling, then out the window. It was about noon, and I could tell from looking out the window. I heard the door open, I looked over, and it was Jake. He hugged me tightly and started to cry.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again!" He said, hurt laced in his voice. I bit my lip, "I won't.." I said quietly.

~A few days later~

Jake came into my room and put some clothes down on my bed, "get dressed, you can leave today."

"I don't wanna leave, the food is good!" I said, laughing a little, he laughed too. I grabbed the clothes and went to the bathroom and changed.

 I grabbed the clothes and went to the bathroom and changed

After changing, Jake held out his hand towards me. I bit my lip slightly and took it. We walked down the long halls, hand and hand.

After a while of getting through all of the hospital procedures, we were now finally outside and headed towards the car, I got in the passenger seat, and we started driving when I felt a pain in my chest, this occasionally happened when I couldn't stop thinking about the times when I was happy.

Ever since Jake and I broke up, I wasn't happy, I went to a therapist, I went for help, but nothing made me happy. So I decided to fake it, ever since I was little and remembering things that made me happy, my heart would sting, and it would get harder to breathe. It was now a regular thing for me.

My breathing got harder, and I started to breathe through my mouth and not my nose, Jake noticed this and glanced at me, "are you okay Y/n?" He asked. I nodded and continued to look out the window, breathing harshly.

After a while of driving, we made it to the house, Jake locker the doors to the car and turned to me, my breathing was still harsh, and my heart stung tremendously. "Tell me what's wrong, Y/n." He said sternly.

"N-n" I gasped for air for a moment, and he took notice of this and took my hand.

"Hey, hey, hey, breathe with me, okay?" I nodded as we did breathing practice until my breathing was normal. Colby came running outside and tried opening my door and just looked at Jake like 'really bro?' He unlocked the door, and Colby opened it and hugged me.

"We're talking about this later, Y/n," Jake said, leaving to go inside the house. I looked up at Colby as he picked me up bridal style and took me upstairs to our room. He laid me on the bed and ran downstairs, "THE FUCK COLBY?!" I yelled, laughing a little.

I sighed after 10 minutes of waiting for Colby. I went into the bathroom and took a shower.

~The next morning~

I got up to my regular alarm at 6 AM and went to the bathroom and changed.

I went downstairs and found Sam, Colby, and Jake talking, quickly before they could notice me, I hid in the family room next to the kitchen

"Just tell her, dude," Colby said.

"I can't. I hurt her so fucking much, she'd never take me back, and I don't want to hurt her again accidentally," Jake said, sighing and looking down.

Sam and Colby were facing each other when I came up behind Jake and did bunny ears above his head. They looked back at Jake and started laughing. "What?!" Jake said, confused.

"B-behind you!" Sam said, laughing, I ran back into the family room and jumped behind the couch, Sam and Colby watching it happen, to cause them to laugh even more.

Jake turned around and looked back at them, "I don't get it..." he said, still confused. "Behind the couch," Colby said, laughing a little again.

I popped up from behind the couch. I was kinda short, so you could only see to up to my shoulders, "bitch, why you gotta rat me out like dat!" Jake quickly turned around and chuckled.

"Your so small I can barely see you from here," Jake said

"Hey!!" I yelled, getting out from behind the couch, and running and jumping into Jake's lap. He blushed brightly, and Sam and Colby waved, walking away.

"Bitch, get back here," I said, looking at them still on Jake's lap. They just ran off. I sighed and looked up at Jake, 'how was I going to tell everyone?' I thought in my head. 'I was going back to Kansas to meet with Jake's mom for a week! I probably will just leave and get a crap ton of calls again. Sounds like a plan.'

"N/n? Can you get off me now?" Jake asked, calling me my nickname he had recently come up with.

"Nah," I said, laughing a little and resting my head on his chest and falling back to sleep.