Chapter fifteen: "Why'd you lie to me?"

Two years had passed now and I was still staying with Jake's mom, Lora. She didn't tell me but Colby, Sam and Jake were coming back to Kansas for a week. They had no idea I was here, and let alone I was now staying in Jake's room. I had also dyed my hair a different color and fixed it a bit, so they couldn't even recognize me unless they heard my voice. I stopped wearing black clothing and other types of clothes now.

I heard talking downstairs I wined and I think they heard cause it went silent, oops

I heard talking downstairs I wined and I think they heard cause it went silent, oops. I had his room now set up to where I could jump off the bed onto the beanbag chair, I also took the railing off cause I like to just roll off and onto the beanbag. That being said I rolled off the bed and landed on the bean bag.

I looked through my stuff and went into the bathroom and changed.

I came downstairs to hear, Lora talking to someone I peaked around the corner to see them

I came downstairs to hear, Lora talking to someone I peaked around the corner to see them. "I have someone staying in your room, I hope that's okay Jake." I sighed and went back upstairs, grabbed my backpack and went back downstairs.

"Oh, your awake! Do you want something to eat before you go to you secretive place?" Lora asks me. I shake my head no and pass by the boys, I glance back at Jake and almost cried on the spot. I let out a harsh breath.

"Who is that?" Jake asks.

"It's Y/n, no wonder you don't recognize her, she has changed a lot." Lora told them, everyone was super surprised. I looked back at them and waved slightly and left.

It was 3Am when I made it back to Lora's house. I opened the door and I heard Sam scream. Guess they were doing a 3AM challenge again. I laugh a little and they knew it was me. I walked up to Jake's room and climbed up the ladder and curled up in a ball on his bed.

An hour passed and the guys were done with their challenge, Jake came into the stairs and came into his room he came up beside the bed by my head, my eyes were open and I was on my side curled in a ball facing him.

"Y-Y/n..." Jake whisper stuttered.

"I don't wanna hear it..." I said turning on my other side.

He bit his lip and climbed up the ladder and laid beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I blushed a bright pink and fell asleep, easily; unlike the past few nights.

I woke up with nobody with me, I curled into a ball and started to cry silently, was it all a dream?! I heard moving but I didn't care, I stayed in my little ball until I hear a voice call out.

"Y/n are you awake...?" Sam asked. I was silent I started to cry harder until the point I was making slight noises when Colby came in.

"Y/n?!" Colby asked quickly climbing up the ladder and pulling me close to him. I wiped my tears away and slipped away from him.

I went into the kitchen and saw Jake, I almost cried again on the spot. I walked past him grabbed a cup and got some water.

"H-how did you sleep?" Jake asked stuttering slightly.

I didn't respond to him, I set my glass down on the table after taking a sip and went to the bathroom and changed.

I sighed as I went downstairs, "Are you going to your spot again Y/n?" Lora asked me. I nodded and grabbed my bag from the chair and walked outside I breathed harshly and covered my mouth as tears started to form.

I quickly drove out to my spot, after I got to where I had to run, I sat in the field and curled into a ball and started to cry, I hated him! But... I loved him? I couldn't describe my feelings. I loved him but hated him for being so rude towards me. But... his voice, his smile, his eyes, how his hair lays... I had fallen in love with it all. Could I have really fallen so deeply in love with Jake Webber?

I heard a car pull up so I wiped my tears away and looked up at the the sky. "H-hey..." It was Jake. I looked down and sat in a crisscross position as tears started to form.

"Why did you fake it all?" I asked him.

"What?" He asked confused looking at me.

I looked up at him with tear filled eyes "why did you fake your love for me, why did you fake caring for me, why did you fake your happiness around me, why did you-"

Jake grabbed me by my waist and lifted me off the ground and held me around his waist. "Listen to me right now Y/n. I never faked anything around you I loved and still do love you too his day. I never stopped loving you." He said looking deep into my eyes.

Tears started to form as slight rage filled me, "even when you were with Tara?" I asked him.

"I never stopped loving you." He said again.

"Even when you yelled at me? Even when you called me a disgrace? Even when you said you wish nobody cared about me?"

"I never stoped loving you." He said.

Tears started to fall down my cheeks. "Stop lying to me dammit!" I yelled trying to push him away.

He held onto me tightly until I gave in and stopped trying to hit and push him, I cried harshly into his chest. All my thoughts of hatred for him drifted away into non existence. I rest my head on his chest sniffling, I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his shoulder.

"You okay now?" Jake asked me softly.

I sniffled a bit, "y-yeah... overthinking is exhausting..." I said closing my eyes. He smiled a bit and place me in the passenger seat of his car and leaned the seat back.

He started to head home when I passed out from crying to hard.