Chapter sixteen: day nightmares

⚠️This chapter contains abuse⚠️

Two hours passed by when I woke up back in Jake's room. I was a bit confused thinking it was all a dream, I sat up and slipped out of the bed, I realized I was in the same clothes I was in when I changed in what I thought was to be my dream.

I looked around and found Jake's bag he brought, I took out a hoodie from his bag and ran to the bathroom. I changed into his black no name hoodie and some black jean shorts. The hoodie was big on my so it looked like I wasn't even wearing shorts.

I walked downstairs slightly dancing. I reached the bottom of the stairs when I tilted my head seeing no one else was hear but Lora.

"Where are the boys?" I asked her putting the sleeve up to my mouth slightly chewing on the cuff of the sleeve.

"They went out for lunch, I asked Jake if he should wake you to go with but he said you had cried a lot and didn't want to wake you because you'd be tired and he was afraid you wouldn't want to go after the last time they went out..." she said looking down.

"Th-thanks Lora..." I say walking back up the stairs a little saddened, I understood why he didn't want me to come but... he could've asked. I shook the thought away when I realized I had stopped on the stairs. I went the rest of the way up the stairs and laid in Jake's old bed staring up at the ceiling.

An hour had passed and I had been staring at my ceiling the entire time. I heard someone walk in the door but I just continued with my thoughts when suddenly all my bad flashbacks that made me cry were starting to come back, I'd had sleepless nights because of these flashbacks.

~Flashback starts~

"A year?!" Jake yelled pissed off. "If your gone that long we might as well just break up now!" He walks away from me. Tears poured down my face, I wasn't expecting him to react like that, and if he reacted like that, how would the rest of the house?

~~

"What so now you leave without saying goodbye to everyone? Your pathetic Y/n." He said. Tears rushed down my face again.

"What the point? They would hate me to right? So why say goodbye?" I ask him he could tell I was crying.

"Whatever, just know I hope you never come back to this house, your a disgrace and I don't care if the whole house hates you, even your brother." He says pissed off still

~~

I walked inside to Tara and Jake fighting. "This isn't working. Get out!" Jake said he saw her storm off, so he walked off. Tara shoved me onto the ground, "go die, freak!" She said then ran to her car.

~~

I felt a belt strike down on my back "do you ever learn Y/n?!" My fathers voice said harshly as he smacked my legs with the belt as I fell to the ground.

My father hit my head with the belt and I felt myself drifting off. I heard a giant bang and all I saw were police lights and I passed out.

~Flashback end~

I covered my mouth as tears started to pour from my eyes. The last memory I hadn't had for years, what could've triggered it to come back?! I thought to myself. I curled up into a ball facing the wall.

"Y/n?" I heard Colby's voice ask for me.

I didn't reply, I felt him get on the bed, he lifted me up slowly and hugged me tight. I hid my face in his chest and cried even harder.

"He- what's going on?" I heard Jake's voice ask.

I pull away from Colby and rub my eyes and brush my tears away. I shake my head at them and smile brightly.

"Everything's okay, I'm just thinking about some stuff, let's do something today yea?" I ask smiling softly.

"Yeah sure! Let's get all those thoughts off you're mind, say, there's a skating rink and a trampoline park around here." Jake says smiling.

"Well what are we waiting for, let's go!" I say smiling brightly and rolling off the bed and onto the beanbag chair.

Jake looked at me and paused, "is that the hoodie I brought with me?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say running past him into the kitchen. "Hewo Sam!" I say smiling.

"Hey Y/n! Is that Jake's hoodie?" He asks. I put a finger to my lips and shake my head no. He laughs a bit, "what are we doing today?" He asked me.

"We're going to go ice skating and to the trampoline park!" I say excitedly. I hear footsteps behind me and hide behind Sam.

Jake shakes his head at me and holds a hand out, "cmon Y/n that's the my favorite hoodie."

"Fine but I'm wearing what I am when I take it off." I reply sternly.

He eyes me carefully as I take off the hoodie to reveal I was only wearing a black bra and the black jean shorts. I put the hoodie in his hands and cross my arms.

"I-" he stops and put the hoodie back on me. "I get it when we come back." I smile brightly and run out to Jake's car.

I waited for them for a while so I played beat swiper on my phone to pass time. They finally got in the car and Colby started to drive us to the trampoline park as Jake sat beside me watching me play.